Main Menu

Rauland PA's

Started by Baltar, November 16, 2015, 12:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltar

Anyone ever own one of these? My buddy bought one and we're trying to find out the RMS output on it and the speaker resistance. 150 Watts consumption, 10 tubes, 130 Volts.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/rauland_1932.html
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Hagard

Looks it's from Fallout 4

Pissy

I would assume 8 ohms. 2 6L6 power tubes?  50 watts or so, likely less since a PA was never intended to saturate the tubes. 40 watts maybe.

Says it has a phono input. I would wager that (if it's from 1955 era) that it's a line level input, because I don't think moving coil/magnet type cartridges became very prominent until well after that. I could be wrong though.
Vinyls.   deal.

Lumpy

Can't you measure wattage and resistance with a multimeter?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: Lumpy on November 16, 2015, 07:48:09 PM

Not for the sort of purpose necessary here. Can sort of do output, but would need to know the output tap impedance  (load) for that. Its a dummy load, signal generator and scope sort of job.

Pissy

Quote from: Lumpy on November 16, 2015, 07:48:09 PM

I asked hemisaurus one time how to figure out impedance of the ot and the process was very deep in math. I think it's burried in these pages somewhere.
Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

It'd be easier to google and spec out the output transformer and see which wires are hooked up.
Vinyls.   deal.

jibberish

you can measure the speaker resistance with a meter. that is a static value. just disconnect one lead to remove the output xformer from the equation.

active values such as impedance need the test setup.

Pissy

jibby, in very simple terms, his amp doesn't say "16 ohms" or "8 ohms" on the back of it. That's his problem. Not that he can't figure out what his speaker load is, rather what it needs to be.

Baltar, does the OT have a label on it that you can read?  If so what does it say in terms of make and model. Also while you're in there what color is the wire going to the speaker jack(s)?  Is it stereo PA with two OTs?  Is it just one OT with that wire jumped to multiple jacks?
Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Dude on eBay sells a service manual for the model you linked. $8.79.
Vinyls.   deal.

jibberish

haha. I just looked at the picture.  it's just a head. DOH!   

sorry for the confusion. I just answered the direct question. thx for the heads up

or I could edit that post to say : "in general...."

i'll pay my fine with a tacky joke:   what was the last thing on the peoples' minds working on the 90th floor of the WTC?

...the 91st floor....

not tacky enough?

why cant oprah relax on the beach?

stickman and the greenpeace people keep rolling her back into the ocean.

go panthers!!!!!!