Main Menu

Hey Jake

Started by VOLVO))), May 01, 2014, 12:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

I have to set up a bass for drop B, what gauges am I after for clarity?

Westone Thunder 1a, active p-style
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

You'd prolly be aight with a standard 5-string set. If you wanna go big (big, big), try Circle K strings.
poop.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

Drop as in "not use?"

Here's a handy string gauge and correlating tension chart. It'll help ya figure out what the ideal sized strings are for the pitch you're looking to achieve. And it's not just for bass, so it's extra handy.

http://circlekstrings.com/CKSIMAGES/CircleKtensionChart130105.pdf
poop.

Metal and Beer

I did the 5 string set thing in Seahag, drop B (yah, eliminate the G string, which is what she said and I did not argue ) and it was okay, but the E string wasn't as clear as the others (Fender Jazz Bass, stock pickups). I tried going up to drop C and it fixed it, but the guitarists insisted on going back down,so I quit !!!

(not really because of that alone ;)
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

jibberish

hey jake. I cant find your post regarding a hi-density tele bridge. what were the details on that again, and any further discovery using it since then?
tele's are really resonant to start with, this could be nuts.

Jake

Ya mean this thang?

Quote from: Jake on April 27, 2014, 02:14:58 PM
After years of being convinced that the idea of a high-mass bridge increasing sustain is highly overblown, I have been humbled. I just put a fancy pants Schaller bridge on my Telebastard Deluxe, and the sustain is almost supernatural. And I didn't even buy it for any other reasons besides more flexibility in intonating and needed a top loading bridge. What an awesome surprise the ridiculous sustain is. Thank you, German engineering.

poop.

jibberish