deep drone throat singing or other bass vocals project

Started by jibberish, January 17, 2016, 05:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

khoomy, I remember you are into the throat singing.

my specialty is totally fucking around when I do vocals so I dabble in nasty lows a lot.

what do you think about doing some multi-track project across the internet just using vocals?

we probably could set something up on a slow moving chord progression rather quickly then fill it in however it is going to get filled in

big plus if you are a beat boxer too haha. i'm not. I do better making burp and other disgusting noises

jibberish

poppa cleans bass
momma cooks dinner
me and lil brother aren't even allowed in'der

crappie days are here again
out on the lake and no beer again
sat on a treble hook, so then..
crappie days are here again

khoomeizhi

ain't got much as far as recording software goes, but might could be into some degree of messing around.

maybe more like a series of riffs in the same key than some chord progressions. changing key in throatsinging is a little annoying. doable, but.

so let me know more details of what you've got in mind, including technical details. can take it to bmail or not. i wouldn't be against it being more multi-player, if there is an it. also, i'm busy as fuck with all kinds of stuff and have no desire for any more motherfuckers trying to give me deadlines and shit, fair warning, so i may be of minimal responsiveness more often than not.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

jibberish

i'm happy that you are willing to give it a go.

what drone note gives you the best/easiest harmonics?
howabout round 1 just being a single note drone and all "jammin" goes off of one implied scale from that one note

i'm not a practiced throat singer but I can get that whistling style going.  I do other voices more. that's why I think this could be cool with you doing the more correct throat singing and I can add more incorrect other stuff.

regarding time constraints. as soon as this becomes any kind of obligation it loses the fun. it happens as it happens.  I think keeping this public may get others to jump in like droney heh.

I did so much recording from a mixer into soundcard line-ins using freebies like reaper before I got my usb interface. no complaints. as long as we aren't engineering for Madonna we are good.