Main Menu

Logo ideas

Started by bbottom, January 20, 2016, 11:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

I've been pulling my hair out trying to come up with a band logo (ie something that would look cool on a tshirt) I want something dead simple and I've already been over thinking the thing to death

Does anyone here know of anyone that is good at this stuff or can you post some material that can maybe inspire me to look at this in a new light?

jibberish

oh goody, a pile-on thread.

make a 6 sided snowflake except the 6 main "arms" are nooses with skulls hanging in them and the other parts of the crystal are bones n stuff

a circle in a triangle in a square in a pentagram

isis flag   [ducks....runs.....]

mortlock

thats that bullshit right there.

liquidsmoke

Could start with some fonts, might give you ideas. Some fonts sites online let you plug in words to see what they look like and you can often download them for free.

Lumpy

I might take a crack at it, and there are other designers here too (who are better than me). I'm not really a logo guy, but you never know (it's kind of a specialty for some people). What's your band's name? Do you have a website (for visual and audio reference?) or just describe your band in a sentence or two. I'm kind of a space cadet, so if I should know that already, I apologize. Or bmail me.

The suggestion to find a cool font is good, because if you find a free one that you like, it can make your life super easy. On the down side, other people can use the font too. But they probably don't have a stoner rock band.

www.dafont.com
http://nihilum-fonts.tripod.com/nihilum.html
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RacerX

http://www.logogenie.net/free-logo-design

I used a similar program to create the SANDIA MAN logo:

Livin' The Life.

mortlock

I'd recommend drawing something yourself. Total original and no chance of someone copying it.

khoomeizhi

what do you not like about what you've been using?
let's dispense the unpleasantries

Lumpy

Quote from: mortlock on January 21, 2016, 12:18:58 PM
I'd recommend drawing something yourself. Total original and no chance of someone copying it.

Great idea, the only issue is reproducing it cleanly sometimes (say you want to put your logo on a banner). The solution is to convert your hand drawn logo into vector art. An extra step which a graphics savvy person help you with. Used to be a real pain, but it's gotten a lot easier now.

I didn't mention hand-drawn, because that's not what I do. But custom artwork is usually a good idea.

bbottom

Im in Mass Driver. You can check out our stuff here

https://massdriverrockpower.bandcamp.com/

Here's the thing......I went to art school for illustration and I've always handled the artwork for the bands that I've been in. For this band I must've drawn 50 different logo ideas and I don't like any of them. Which is why I'm beginning to ask for some help.

I love the artwork and logos of old punk and hardcore bands. And even though we are neither...I'd love to come up with something that is in that ballpark. Something dead simple (think Black Flag) but is awesome and say's ACTION!!

Because we get compared to Fu Manchu (which we are much faster and riffy) I want to avoid the car/skateboard stuff that they do.

So if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears

mortlock

take it or leave it. its the best i can do free hand.

jibberish

doodling is an ace idea, so I did...

bbottom

Thank for the suggestions guys, you're awesome

Lumpy

Quote from: bbottom on January 21, 2016, 11:18:52 PMFor this band I must've drawn 50 different logo ideas and I don't like any of them.

Put 'em up for a vote :D  There has to be a good one in there.

Current logo looks too Sci-Fi and modern, alternative rock.

spookstrickland

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

dogfood

Peavey lettering font, just sayin
Problem solving whiskey!