saw Sabbath last night!!

Started by everdrone, September 08, 2016, 04:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everdrone

first time I admit  ;D when did you first see em live? the SABBATH show in Dallas last night was killer!  I was tripping out to "Into the Void" and drinking a $16 rahr and sons pride of texas beer lol!!! :-)  DOOM ON \m/ \m/

Submarine

It was a damn good show.  Saw them at MSG a few months ago.

everdrone

rock on!!! cool man, ya they were at the top of their game, played all their early hits, newish drummer Tommy Clufetos was amazing, drum solo and all!

amadkins

Saw them on Tony's birthday at The Palace and was blown away with Dirty Women.

Was listening to an Amps and Axes podcast where one of the hosts was talking about how Tony and Geezer made up for Ozzy at his show. Then he said something to the effect of "I'll never see Iommi again, so it was great".  Hadn't thought about not seeing Iommi again. Bummed me out.

everdrone

ya I was blown away too  ;) ;) ;) ;)

got inspired from the show and did my first Bandhub Recording, Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" as lead singer with some other musicians:

https://youtu.be/ZTMM--2eZJk

man that Bandhub hates my laptop!  it almost always freezes and does not upload after I record.  Ill have to try my desktop since its a faster computer, but now I gotta buy the webcam for the desktop lol :)

db3jed

I caught the Dallas show too.
I was there for Tony & Geezer on the chance that it was the last opportunity I might ever have to see them.
That being said Ozzy held his own I thought and was in fine voice.
I thought it was kind of funny that all the camera close-ups stopped after he pulled his shirt off.
Clufetos was a monster.

everdrone

lol at the ozzy bit with the shirt off and no camera closups, but they did get a closup of it at first and then...no moar!  lol  amazing how he partied and rocked so hard for all those years

black

First saw them in August of 1975.
Mind Blowing/Game Changing experience for my much younger self.
Seen them every chance (including Heaven and Hell) I could in the ensuing decades.
I almost didn't go this but I'm really happy I did.
I felt a little melancholy though realizing there will be no more Black Sabbath to see again.

Never bothered seeing Ozzy solo.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.