Xaviere Guitars/ GFS Pedals

Started by giantchris, February 03, 2011, 02:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantchris

Hey I've seen people on here talking about the pups but I'm curious what people think of their pedals and the Xaviere guitars.  Kinda want one of those LP JR dual p90s and I've been looking for a reverb pedal and theirs are relatively cheap and was curious if the rest of their stuff was as good as everyone says their pickups are.  Thanks.

Currently debating whether to get another guitar or not.  Might get a touchstyle for the hell of it :o

Instant Dan

I have their tuner, I think it's great and a deal compared to paying practically 100 bucks for a korg or boss one.

VOLVO)))

The pickups are rad. Xavier guitars are rad after a few changes when you get them (strings, nut possibly.) The pedals are all analog, but they're Biyang pedals rebadged for GFS. They aren't bad pedals, I've heard a bunch of good shit about them from people that I ever consider pedal snobs. I'd say buy one, assess it yourself, then post your response to it's sound and build quality here.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

giantchris

Allright thanks I think I'll nab the tuner and the reverb next week when I get paid.  Debating on whether to get another 6 string guitar or go nuts and get an 8 string :d

VOLVO)))

Do you have a purpose for F#BEADGBE? If not, buy an 8 string. hahaha.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

giantchris

Quote from: SunnO))) on February 03, 2011, 12:03:20 PM
Do you have a purpose for F#BEADGBE? If not, buy an 8 string. hahaha.
I can think of a bunch of cool things I could do with that low F# actually.  Right now I'm running a 6 string guitar tuned to B standard and a 6 string bass tuned standard and a 4 string bass tuned in drop b and its working pretty well but I'd like to go lower.  If I don't go lower I'd like to get another guitar pref with P90s so I can have more seperation with my lead tone.

eddiefive10

Ive messed with me acoustic moved the strings around playing it as a 4 string (Im a bass player) and now thinking about having a custom 4 string baritone tuned BEAD made. when I play guitar I generally remove at least the high E, think Jimmy Bower, Max Cavalera?

Baltar

I have the Dream 180 and '59 PAF in my Eastwood Corona.  They're fucking excellent.  I'm considering changing the 180 for a 90, but that's just cause I've fallen in love with 90's recently.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

black_out

Quote from: Baltar on February 08, 2011, 10:06:48 PM
I have the Dream 180 and '59 PAF in my Eastwood Corona.  They're fucking excellent.  I'm considering changing the 180 for a 90, but that's just cause I've fallen in love with 90's recently.

I put a mean 90 in my friends sg for him and that thing sounds fuckin amazing. Sounds killer plugged straight into his V4.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

giantchris

Thanks for the input I get paid on the 15th do believe I'm gonna order one now the only question is which one :d.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-440-Guitar-Solid-Mahogany-Alnico-Dogear-P90s-Gloss-Black-_p_2223.html
or
http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-440-Guitar-TV-Finish-Alnico-Dogear-P90s-_p_2226.html

Already got a mahogany LP kinda curious if I should mix it up or not.

Hemisaurus

Hermit John just got their SG, (XV300 I think it's called) with the Crunchy Pat humbuckers, and it sounds pretty damn good, I think his other SG is a DeArmond or something else beginning with D. He's a fussy cove, so if he likes it, it must be good.

The Shocker

I've got some of their pickups - sound great for the money.  I've got a hard-on for this double cut: http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-580-Chambered-MahoganyCarved-Maple-Double-Cut-Tobacco-Sunburst_p_923.html

LogicalFrank

The pickups are as good as anything you can get. Matter of personal preference what exact tone you want is the only thing. The Guitar Fetish stuff is in general really good for the money as far as hardware and electronics. The only thing I don't recommend is their cables. I got about six a while back and two of them have broken through natural causes (and another through abnormal abuse but that's my fault). I had to put them into retirement. 
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

giantchris

I didn't get the guitar but I got their crunchy pats as an upgrade for my AL-3100 and their pedal tuner.  Both are great.

LogicalFrank

"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Hemisaurus

Shame they don't have an SG Jr. for Justin. :-\

The Shocker

Email the guy & he might try to get a line.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on May 10, 2011, 03:34:19 PM
Shame they don't have an SG Jr. for Justin. :-\

i know hemi, i know . . .