Need some in between songs equipment advice

Started by ROWDYBEER, May 17, 2011, 11:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

LogicalFrank

Quote from: Chovie D on May 17, 2011, 06:53:31 PM
The guy from steelpolebathtub did what frank described, holding the player up to his pickups. it was very effective, looked cool, and was punk as fuck.

That was actually Danny G. We got together over a couple of beers and decided to pick similar looking avatars to confuse you.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Hemisaurus

Quote from: ROWDYBEER on May 17, 2011, 05:12:49 PM
I think I am going to buy the Roland sp 202 for $50 + $15 shipping. I just read some of the manual and it seems to be perfect. Can assign different samples to different pads which is perfect so after song 1 hit pad 1 ect. awesome. This might be the best thing. Just sucks all these shit things are rca not 1/4 or xlr but they make adapters. Thanks stoner rockers. Yeah and this is for my drummer to use I have enough shit to tapdance on.
Just FYI, I'd never heard of this so looked it up. You can't load samples onto it in the sense of putting an MP3 or a WAV file onto it, you can only record a sample, like using a tape recorder. So you can edit a sample on your PC, hook it up to the SP-202 soundcard on your PC to line in on the 202, and then hit play on your PC and record on the SP-202.

Don't know if that makes any difference to you or not.

Manual is here http://media.rolandus.com/manuals/SP-202_OM.pdf

ROWDYBEER

yeah thats what I got out of it as well. I think the newer models are able to import wav, mp3, etc. If the price is right I dont mind having to be old school and creative.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Worthless Willie

We used to use a tape player(into a DI), with an extension cord that had an on/off switch in the middle.  Worked great.

The extension cord was for xmas tree lights.

edit: this was 20 years ago.
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Worthless Willie on May 18, 2011, 02:59:14 PM
We used to use a tape player(into a DI), with an extension cord that had an on/off switch in the middle.  Worked great.

The extension cord was for xmas tree lights.

edit: this was 20 years ago.

What were stage coaches like?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.