Main Menu

Hemi's diy resources thread...

Started by nonoman, May 21, 2011, 04:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonoman

On the old site, I believe it was Hemi who posted a DIY resources thread with a lot of links for website hosting for bands, vinyl pressers, etc.

I've been searching with no success for those links. Sure there are tons of Google results, but Hemi had all good no bs links.

Any chance of you posting these again, Hemisaurus?
No good deed goes unpunished.

Hemisaurus

Err, I don't have anything written down here, I can maybe throw out some random links, and other people can add to it.

See the 'Places to Play' map for DIY booking ;D and add your favourite places to play.

nonoman

I was mainly looking for the website hosting stuff if you still have those links.

Hemisaurus

Can't think of any free hosting nowadays, lots of web registrars will throw in cheap hosting if you register with them, between that, a lot of bands that want more than a facebook page just go with a blog on blogspot.com, stick your pictures up on flickr or picasa or whatever, music can go on soundcloud, or archive.org if you want to give it away.

nonoman

Thanks for the advice. I use blogspot for a personal blog, so I'll probably use it for the band.