Stuff you regret getting rid of

Started by The Shocker, May 20, 2011, 02:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

My motto has always been EVERYTHING has it's price, so all my gear is potentially for sale.  Combined with addiction problems in the past it equals some regrets on some of the stuff I sold.

My biggest 2 regrets were both guitars (for some reason amps don't inspire much regret for me):

1. Ovation Deacon guitar.  Really cool and a joy to play.  Super comfortable & really versatile.  At least I sold it for more than I payed for it.

2. Gibson SG100.  Only made one year so pretty rare.  Not versatile at all with just one Melody Maker pickup, but it did sound good.  People dog the Norlin years, but this one was well made.

So what are your regrets?

VOLVO)))

Ampeg v2, several VTM60s...

My SG...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

LogicalFrank

I regret giving away my first guitar... Don't know why I did that. I regret selling my first half stack which was a Marshall Valvestate but kinda cool. If I ever run into the head for cheap, I'll probably buy it again. Both of those are for mostly sentimental reasons. Other than that, I traded a Ibanez Arcore Bass for a SS Traynor half stack. It was a fair deal and I still use both parts more often than I would probably use the bass but there was just something about that particular bass which I really loved and miss.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

justinhedrick

an old peavey series 400 bass head. i'm pretty sure the tone i'm looking for now was somewhere in that amp . . . :(

spookstrickland

My Sunn 6x12

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Chovie D

its too painful to live thru again.

dogfood

Spook, you shall be smited for selling a Sunn 6x12 because you deserve it.

I don't sell gear.  I lament the gear I should have bought but was too stingy or broke.
Problem solving whiskey!

eyeprod

I regret being lazy and not removing the pickup I had in my old SG before I sold it. It belonged to my Ibanez custom agent, as it was one of the originals. Would have liked to have it around, I blew it.
CV - Slender Fungus

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

eyeprod

hey Jor el, I also kinda regret getting rid of that g&l that I sold to you. Still have it?
CV - Slender Fungus

Jor el

yes sir
thanks again

last year I picked up a g&l legacy to keep it company
What Would Scooby Do ?

lordfinesse

'76 Music Man 2x12 combo. Nice amp, sweet reverb. We needed the money at the time. I miss that amp.
Billy Squier 24/7

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

h.p. lovecraft

My customized SG and a shitload of pedals.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." -- Me

yesca

i don't really sell gear as i don't have any extra shit to sell everything i got is being used except a broken Univox 2x12 bass cab which i needed get up and running.

Hemisaurus

My first bass rig, a Selmer Futurama Bassist Minor, the loudest 6W bass rig on the planet, probably due to the massive cast Fane 12" woofer that it came with, upset the whole neighbourhood with it, that and my Hondo Fakenbacker.

Instant Dan

I regret I had to sell my Green Electric 4x12 but at the same time at least it went to someone on SR.com and it got me out of a tight spot, financially. Still, it can sting from time to time.

I regret the selling my Version 1 of the Catalinbread SCOD (when it was rectangular), I got ripped off for the price I sold it at.

Metal and Beer

I sold an Acoustic 150 to Kiffin from Rwake, wasn't working at the time and I already had a 370. He likes it so much he uses it now instead of his Mesa Triple RectumFryer. It really is a great-sounding amp, kinda regret that'n..

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

MikeyT

Quote from: Chovie D on May 20, 2011, 05:04:00 PM
its too painful to live thru again.

Amen. I must have been out of my mind.  :'(
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

The Shocker

Man when I went back and put the pictures of the guitars in my post it really gave me the sads...

doomhawk

78 tele deluxe.  got it for 350 bucks! off the same guy i got my 80's esquire and 74 Les Paul Standard.  kinda miss it.