Main Menu

I'm a bit disappointed.....

Started by RAGER, December 22, 2011, 12:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

for the most part im not a big fan of comps..i have one i love but i dont like most due to lack of consistancy.
my band was offered a spot on a comp and i have a track all ready to go, but for some reason i cant seem to send it off. part of me wants to be on it and part of me doesnt..

Lumpy

Quote from: mortlock on December 24, 2011, 08:55:43 AM
for the most part im not a big fan of comps..i have one i love but i dont like most due to lack of consistancy.
my band was offered a spot on a comp and i have a track all ready to go, but for some reason i cant seem to send it off. part of me wants to be on it and part of me doesnt..

Do it! I don't see any downside to being on a compilation, even if all the other bands suck. If every other band isn't very good, it only makes your band look better. If the other bands are good, it makes you look good by association.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

true enough..john weiss is on it..

Lumpy

Compilation = "let some other people promote your band"
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

cat shepard

remember when it was rotary phones and you would try to promote yourself and it was so hard.

RAGER

I used to get in trouble when I was at work cuz I'd be on the warehouse phone talking to a booker trying to get some shows.  I explained this to my boss but he was no sympatico
No Focus Pocus