After watching Colour Haze videos

Started by VOLVO))), June 12, 2011, 11:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

I've got semi-hollow fever. I don't know if buying guitars is ever going to end.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

johnny problem

That Guild is friggin' amazing.  Watching Colour Haze and some Rush live videos totally makes me need to change my pants.  I will one day own a Hagstrom Viking.

Discö Rice

Quote from: johnny problem on June 12, 2011, 01:32:58 PM
That Guild is friggin' amazing.  Watching Colour Haze and some Rush live videos totally makes me need to change my pants.  I will one day own a Hagstrom Viking.
That's a beautiful guitar. Saw one going on ebay for $550 a couple of months back.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

clockwork green

It's so hard to control feedback at high volume...it helps that he plays relatively clean but I could never figure it out so my semi-hollow is now strictly for recording and writing at home.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

yesca

haha man i so with you there Sunno! every time i listen to them it makes me wanna buy one

VOLVO)))

I use all of the feedback, its actually a huge part of my set, im gonna buy a Xavier...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

My experience is was one far different from any type of normal feedback...it was essentially like one of those sustainer pickups always on and it just killed all dynamics when used with my stage setup. It sucked because none of my guitars sounds as sweet.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

VOLVO)))

Semi-hollow + microphonic pickups will give you that effect. I've saved a bunch a people a lot of money with that. You can also line the cavities with foam, not a lot, just enough to dampen some of the over-tones, and it'll pretty much eliminate that.

I'm serious, I'm tired of spending money on fucking guitars. I JUST GOT THAT SG200, and I fucking love it, but this video makes me want a Guild Starfire so badly it hurts.

Would you believe nobody wants to buy shredder guitars?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

I still don't even have the fucking strat I want.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Shit, I just got my dream guitar & I still am dying to get a couple more.  Amps too...

justinhedrick

i don't think it ever ends. i have a semi hollow that i play in my band now, it doesn't feed back very bad, but i think it has a REALLY big center block.

black_out

I've been jonesing for one for a while now too. I'll probably end up picking up an SX Semi-Hollow before long. Watching Epitaph videos on youtube is what sparked my obsession.

By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

The Shocker