Main Menu

the roach coach

Started by mortlock, June 14, 2011, 09:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spookstrickland

Quote from: Metal Dave on June 16, 2011, 07:36:41 PM
Spook, you look like you've tried every truck in Portland, twice. In a day. Every day.  :P

There's a good truck here that parks in front of the Club Latina on weekends that's badass; since they're serving mostly Hispanic folks. The places/trucks that mainly serve pinche guero Arkies have to Arkify the food or it won't sell.

I have not Idea what you just said in that last sentence. :-\
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Chovie D

once had goat curry from a nyc street cart. jamaicans.
In chinatown there was a deep fried bat vendor...and also a cuttelfish cart, never tried those.

black_out

Quote from: grimniggzy on June 16, 2011, 02:11:13 PM
I finally saw a taco truck around philly during the last punk rock flea market. didn't have any but I'm almost certain they were the only thing of worth there at all.
most of the time we just get hipsters trying to sell vegan "treats"
do not want.

I haven't been to the Punk Rock Flea market in forever, but last time I went this girl gave me a slice of vegan apple cake and that shit was amazing.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

johnny problem

Quote from: spookstrickland on June 17, 2011, 03:17:38 AM
Spook, you look like you've tried every truck in Portland, twice. In a day. Every day.  :P

There's a good truck here that parks in front of the Club Latina on weekends that's badass; since they're serving mostly Hispanic folks. The places/trucks that mainly serve pinche guero Arkies have to Arkify the food or it won't sell.

I'm guessing he means the food needs to be a little more Arkansas.

black_out

Quote from: spookstrickland on June 17, 2011, 03:17:38 AM

He means they're watering down the awesomeness of their food for whitey. major bummer.

We have a huge spanish population in my town, so we get some pretty legit authentic mexican food. there's a place that's painted with the colors of the mexican flag called La Pena Mexicana that has the best Pastor Burrito on the face of the planet. I see the taco trucks cruising around, but I don't know where they stop.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

Metal and Beer

Yep, Black_Out and Juan Prob. are correct. They have to do that to sell to whitey, which means ground beef in place of shredded beef, no carne asada, no guacamole, bland-ass white cheesesauce (incredibly popular in AR, never saw it in CA ever) and definitely no cilantro or hot salsa.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

justinhedrick

Quote from: Metal Dave on June 17, 2011, 04:19:27 PM
Yep, Black_Out and Juan Prob. are correct. They have to do that to sell to whitey, which means ground beef in place of shredded beef, no carne asada, no guacamole, bland-ass white cheesesauce (incredibly popular in AR, never saw it in CA ever) and definitely no cilantro or hot salsa.

reading this makes me sad, and hungry.

grimniggzy

Quote from: black_out on June 17, 2011, 03:12:05 PM
Quote from: grimniggzy on June 16, 2011, 02:11:13 PM
I finally saw a taco truck around philly during the last punk rock flea market. didn't have any but I'm almost certain they were the only thing of worth there at all.
most of the time we just get hipsters trying to sell vegan "treats"
do not want.

I haven't been to the Punk Rock Flea market in forever, but last time I went this girl gave me a slice of vegan apple cake and that shit was amazing.

Haha, i'm sure it was. I just don't trust food thats sitting out on a table when there are that many crusties in the general vicinity.

black_out

Quote from: Metal and Beer on June 17, 2011, 04:19:27 PM

so basically it's like a Taco Bell on wheels?

peyotepeddler

nothing but love for the coach in houston:)