Started by justinhedrick, September 15, 2011, 03:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

I'd play a Hemi.

I'd even let you spraypaint it.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

I guess the Raptor would be first, or something with like a duet of power tubes.

Or maybe just the preamp first, in rack or pedal form?

SpaceTrucker

Head form. I'll even(if you send postage) send you my webster teletalk for a headcase(heh) One that can fit on top a power amp and be shallow enough to not effect the exhaust vents.

well thatd be me. Maby give it a 1 watt switchable power section for practice? Idk just throwing out ideas.

the teletalk comes with a working westinghouse 6l6gc. If that gets you wet.

Hemisaurus

That's what gets me every time. I think well all this effort, I might as well throw in a power tube, say a single 6550 or something, then you go looking at output transformers, and nothing gets done.

Does the teletalk come with a transformer?

Yes, power section can be switched off, for preamp only use ;D

A 6L6 can go to about 12W, if pushed, but is probably run at 5 or so to prolong tube life. So what is the postage like?

SpaceTrucker

Yeah... about a gallon of milk worth of weight to it and all the tubes its got(6l6 5y3gt 6j7) all kinds of little transformer looking things. But I don't think their wax potted(if that matters). I totally took it apart. I left as much leads as i possibly could.

Its like a little 30 watt pa , that looks like a radio. Hell I'll even throw in a 6 inch old oxford speaker that works!(I threw away the original speaker, the cone had disinegrated and my dumb as threw it in the woods) only problem, the speaker don't fit in the teletalk and its very low power(according to the letter the lower the letter the lower the wattage, and the letter is B so..)

RacerX

QuoteA 6L6 can go to about 12W, if pushed, but is probably run at 5 or so to prolong tube life. So what is the postage like?

A 6L6 is more like 25-30 watts.
Livin' The Life.

SpaceTrucker

Where you at hemi? midwest somewhere right?

zip code?