Main Menu

D*A*M Grease Box only $1450!

Started by Baltar, September 23, 2011, 03:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cursed71

You dog you!  I want to offer one a long meaningful relationship.

Lumpy

What's the difference between the M-13 and the Meathead original?

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Cursed71

Quote from: core9 on October 04, 2011, 11:49:26 PM
Here ya go...

http://stompboxes.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10892
Thanks, but as anal as it sounds I really am looking for the dark version specifically.   That same one was on ebay for a while.

core9

Quote from: Lumpy on October 05, 2011, 01:06:21 AM
What's the difference between the M-13 and the Meathead original?

The original tonally is slanted a bit more towards high mids and highs.....The M-13 is a nice well balanced diet.....thick, huge and destructive.

core9

Quote from: Cursed71 on October 05, 2011, 09:39:49 AM
Quote from: core9 on October 04, 2011, 11:49:26 PM
Here ya go...

http://stompboxes.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10892
Thanks, but as anal as it sounds I really am looking for the dark version specifically.   That same one was on ebay for a while.

Not sounding anal bro...you want what you want.  FYI the Meathead Dark is usually a bit too much for most.  It has A LOT of break up, maybe even too much low end.....I liked it, but I found that I couldn't get it to play nice with my amps.  As I stated above the M-13 is a doom monster....go to the D*A*M boards and put up a wanted ad.  There are pedals flying in and out over there.  Good luck on your quest.

dunwichamps

Just have a builder clone it, easy pedal to build, any pedal builder could shit it out of their ass.

the difference between dark and original versions is 2 changed caps.

Cursed71

There is someone selling a clone locally maybe I wll check it out.  I'm one of those dudes that will always wonder if a real DAM one would somehow sound/be better.  Hey dunwich your amps look killer! 

dunwichamps

meathead is such a simple pedal, very few parts. 2 Transistors, half dozen resistor and a few caps. nothing special going on there other than a  quality build on a classic fuzzface design. Any difference between clones and originals might be subjective to be honest.

thanks for the amp love.