Main Menu

hardshell cases

Started by Instant Dan, October 12, 2011, 03:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instant Dan

I have the cheap made in China hardshell cases for my guitars, they get the job done but they are falling apart. Are the Gibson HS cases any good? I don't need something that will withstand falling out an airplane from 20,000 ft. and cost $500. Just need something that will fit my SG & LP and make it from point A to point B in one piece.

Metal and Beer

If cosmetics aren't an issue, you may be able to reinforce the cheap junker to sufficient strength. Go nuts with screws, wood here and there, heavy duty glue, etc. The modern cases Gibson gives w/ purchase ("free OHSC!") are pretty much junk in my experience. I had one w/ my Explorer and it rarely left the house and it started decomposing after a couple of years. A tour would've dissolved the fuckin' thing (I think the high-end models like the Custom might come w/ a better case)
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

nonoman

I've been trying to get my hands on a Gibson Protector case (aka chainsaw case) for awhile now. An old friend has an old one that came with his 80s studio, and it seems bulletproof aside from the latches.
No good deed goes unpunished.

mortlock

you cant beat quality..dont skimp on this..you wouldnt leave a lamborghini under a tarp..youd put it in a garage..

heytrid

I wouldn't trust my gibson cases if I was flying OR someone else was moving/handling any of my guitars worth putting into cases :)

I would go with an SKB, I had one with one of my older LP's and it was great, pricing was not to bad either, I paid $160 canadian for it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/skb-skb-56-deluxe-lp-style-electric-guitar-case/541666000001000