clockwork green

Just found some particularly interesting videos lately:
Yngwie!

Rickenbacker factory tour:

Rickenbacker collection

Fuzz/Ring Mod

"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

VOLVO)))

It seems like to me that Yngwie is a totally fucking cool dude, he just always puts on his joke face for videos, it's nice to see him being sincere for once.

He reminds me a bit of Abbath, good natured and a total tongue-in-cheek kinda guy.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

Seems cool, yeah...I saw him drill his guitar tech in the mush when his rig was malfunctioning...dude probably deserved it though... I've had good friends who made horrible bosses.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

clockwork green

He seems like he often gets a bad rap.

cat shepard

I always found the scalloped frets or whatever it is to be mildly interesting. Can it be put in riff rock terms or is it to complicated?

Hemisaurus

you can bend the strings on the fret without them rubbing on the fingerboard. it's kind of like how a sitar has raised frets.

clockwork green

Great for single note vibrato but horrible for chords unless you want them to sound crazy. Combine that with 8's and you get a very "slippery" guitar to play. Definitely not the way is personally choose to unleash the fury!

cat shepard

In a perfect world I would have one of these scalloped potato guitars. To keep things fresh and new.

johnny problem

Thank Yngwie video was actually refreshing.  I'm not a fan of his stuff, but find him to be really good at the neo-classical stuff.  Interviews I've read of his made me feel like he was a douchebag.

clockwork green

He takes what he does really seriously but he's also very sarcastic and in a print interview it can be hard to catch. 

From the super collider guys

El Zombre

Quote from: Hemisaurus on December 19, 2011, 11:35:26 PM
you can bend the strings on the fret without them rubbing on the fingerboard. it's kind of like how a sitar has raised frets.

With said horribly extended ability to bend strings, you can play stuff like this on the guitar:

El Zombre

Ha, and now I'm distracted by Youtube. Here's a video for you slide guitar folks:

hashbrowns

Yngwie's playing and songwriting these days isn't all that great but his first 2/3 records are solid gold classics. I'm a huge fan of his 80's material cause while he can and does shred like a mofo, what really made him stand out was the fact that he played with such soul and feeling. A lot of people I know only are familiar with his cheesy new stuff and I think these days he doesn't have that golden heartfelt touch but if you go back and listen to his masterpieces he has so much more feeling than all those other wank off shredders. Plus there are actually legitimately good rock songs on those albums unlike his new stuff.

So fucking awesome.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

VOLVO)))

Now, I've scalloped a buncha fretboards, most notable scalloped players - Uli John Roth, and Blackmore, of course. Blackmore had a slanted scallop, the high E side was scalloped deeper, the low E side is shallower to make chords more natural.

It's a killer thing if you have a light touch, or you really really like to bend notes around. I've got one I play around the house, it's got sustain like a violin, and I can do subtle note changes. I play totally different with it... not so much speed wise, but think... instead of pentatonics, I play harmonic minor-based shit.

I'll add to the thread, now.

^^^^ this man has taught me more about drums than anyone, his technique is goddamned flawless, and it's really good to get into habits he has. Good posture, good meter, etc.

and... of course...

I sure do miss these fellas...

also, this incredible fucker...

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.