Main Menu

hehehehe NGD (for deaner33)

Started by VOLVO))), December 15, 2011, 06:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

there is a video on youtube where they got boo-ed off stage in chicago. fireside bowl, maybe?

Discö Rice

HAHA really?! Who the fuck were they playing with?
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

The Shocker

It's gonna be a long wait until I get that in my hands.  :'( ;)
Was that with the flatwounds or with the original strings?

VOLVO)))

Originals, I'mma kill 'em before I put the flats on there, no use in letting them go to waste. Betcher ass I can put a set of strings to bed in less than a month! :D
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

So what work are you going to have to do on it?

Also, where's the Guild thread?

VOLVO)))

Frets are kind of.... meh, they feel soft and grainy, that's my only gripe. So, I'll buff those out to mirror shine, oil the board so it's consistent in color, set the pickups to the right height, adjust the action a bit, etc etc. The trem/tuners are surprisingly good and stable, go go Squier!

Guild thread comes as soon as I'm over owning one of my dream guitars, for real. (Tomorrow when I pick it up, already paid for.)
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

Here's a great demo of that axe. I love the little country lick he throws in at about 3:31.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

DustinAR

Quote from: Discö Rice on December 16, 2011, 04:53:46 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on December 16, 2011, 04:32:06 PM
I never really dug Botch, honestly, too... metalcore-y

I don't see the metalcore. Math - yes, but what these guys were doing, they invented, and it was way before any of the crap that followed (1994-2002). I think anyone who cries "metalcore" isn't necessarily getting the whole picture. Their live show remains unchallenged to this day by any band I've seen since their breakup.

Botch were killer. Wish I would've gotten a chance to see them live. They were definitely one of the pioneers of that whole sound.