Main Menu

This could be fun...

Started by chille01, January 03, 2012, 07:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chille01

http://rpmchallenge.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=844&Itemid=290

Maybe we'll do that (most likely terrible) country album we've been threatening to do for years.

Hemisaurus

Isn't there 29 days this year?

jibberish

man, i easily have an album of songs but the drums would kill me. and i havent worked out bass lines for any of them either. it's like i have my part worked out for a band deal.

RAGER

Danny G. pimps this thing every year.

Edit.  thread from last year already bumped
No Focus Pocus

Hemisaurus

Quote from: jibberish on January 03, 2012, 09:18:20 PM
man, i easily have an album of songs but the drums would kill me. and i havent worked out bass lines for any of them either. it's like i have my part worked out for a band deal.
Maybe someone on here would do drums for you?

neighbor664

I've been sitting on a batch of tunes for a while. If I record anything it will be these songs. They are not new enough for it to not be cheating if I use them.

If I do it at all this year its going to be a improvisational, free-jazz wank fest. I know a few cats that could pull it off, we've just gotta find the time.

jibberish

Quote from: neighbor664 on January 03, 2012, 09:55:07 PM
I've been sitting on a batch of tunes for a while. If I record anything it will be these songs. They are not new enough for it to not be cheating if I use them.

If I do it at all this year its going to be a improvisational, free-jazz wank fest. I know a few cats that could pull it off, we've just gotta find the time.

oh.   i couldn't use all my songs anyway or it would also be cheating looks like.  bummer.

Hemisaurus

Do the country album anyways, I loved Jeff Walker's Welcome to Carcass Cuntry I think Stoner Country might be just as good.

bbottom

This does seem like a lot of fun. I may have to give it a whirl

chille01

Yeah... we'll probably do it just for shits and giggles.  Also, for those that are worried about using older material... I don't think it is technically "cheating".  All it says is it has to be RECORDED in February, and even better if it is written then too.  But that isn't a requirement I don't think.  And who really cares either way... I'm viewing it as a personal challenge more than anything, and you can bet I'll be using some old tunes we've had laying around for a while and never done anything with.