Main Menu

one more pedal thread.

Started by apekillman, January 06, 2012, 06:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apekillman

i just got a new addition to the family in the mail today.  the black arts toneworks pharaoh pedal.  holy shit is this nice.  i'm not endorsed or anything.  this is a free plug.  i usually don't suck dick like this about stuff.  but this needed mentioning.  i have only played with it for about 30 minutes so far tonight.  78 ish les paul custom with bareknuckle nailbomb bridge pup ----> 78 orange OR120 ----> new orange 4x12 with vintage 30's.   wow!  nice quiet palm mutes.  note definition.  real clean and crisp but still maintaining that heavy as fuck tone. 
  i believed the hype surrounding the D.A.M. pedals and have since bought a few different model meatheads.  they do sound amazing through aforementioned set up.  but they all seem to get really feedbacky and electronic sounding with palm mutes; even note, chord changes sometimes.  so far, this pharaoh has been really clean and quiet when i need it to be.

do yourselves a favor, get in touch with mark at Black Arts Toneworks and acquire a pedal.  you wont regret it!

VOLVO)))

I love mine, too, and my LSTR.

Black Arts/Dunwich 2012!
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 06, 2012, 07:04:51 PM

Black Arts/Dunwich 2012!

+1!

Looks like nick has started shipping out the fac offs too. I'm hoping that will feed my fuzz face/meathead fix all at once.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

clockwork green

Or try the sarcophagus...two great tastes that taste great together:
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

dunwichamps

Quote from: SunnO))) on January 06, 2012, 07:04:51 PM

Black Arts/Dunwich 2012!

ha thanks.

I love my LSTR and pharaoh, great muffs period. LSTR sounds good in cleaner amp like the Weed Wizard, really heavy tone. Pharaoh in semi dirty amps for overdriving into oblivion

FAC OFFs will be going out soon for folks.

VOLVO)))

FAC you

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

FAC your droid commercial with every post.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

apekillman

i thought about getting the sarc...   now that i know what this pharoah is like, i should have.

dunwichamps

Quote from: apekillman on January 07, 2012, 09:36:20 AM
i thought about getting the sarc...   now that i know what this pharoah is like, i should have.

if you have a pharaoh you dont need a Sarc, which is just a LSTR and a pharaoh in the same box. just grab a LSTR

apekillman

Quote from: dunwichamps on January 07, 2012, 10:17:29 AM

if you have a pharaoh you dont need a Sarc, which is just a LSTR and a pharaoh in the same box. just grab a LSTR

right.  but would be convenient to have them in one cool as fuck looking box.

RAGER

Quote from: apekillman on January 06, 2012, 06:59:51 PM
i just got a new addition to the family in the mail today.  the black arts toneworks pharaoh pedal.  holy shit is this nice.  i'm not endorsed or anything.  this is a free plug.  i usually don't suck dick like this about stuff.  but this needed mentioning.  i have only played with it for about 30 minutes so far tonight.  78 ish les paul custom with bareknuckle nailbomb bridge pup ----> 78 orange OR120 ----> new orange 4x12 with vintage 30's.   wow!  nice quiet palm mutes.  note definition.  real clean and crisp but still maintaining that heavy as fuck tone. 
  i believed the hype surrounding the D.A.M. pedals and have since bought a few different model meatheads.  they do sound amazing through aforementioned set up.  but they all seem to get really feedbacky and electronic sounding with palm mutes; even note, chord changes sometimes.  so far, this pharaoh has been really clean and quiet when i need it to be.

do yourselves a favor, get in touch with mark at Black Arts Toneworks and acquire a pedal.  you wont regret it!

These are great pedals but I can't help thinking that If I had any of these pedals mentioned, the last amp I would run them through would be my OR120.  Especially a 78 because you have a MV.  I would never want to cover up that Orange goodness.  I would choose a cleaner amp as a platform for these killer pedals.  Like my Sunn 2000s with 40+ year old RCA 6550's.

No Focus Pocus

apekillman

my 78 or doesnt have a mv.  that was just the one amp i tried last night.  today, i'm gonna try it through my sunn (not fender) model T, matamp gto 140, orange ad140tc, sunn coliseum. sunn beta lead, sunn beta bass and sunn (red faced) concert lead.  i'll let you know which sounds best.

RAGER

Sorry, i have a 72 and I thought the later Or's had MV.  I'm thinking of the OD's
No Focus Pocus

The Riffer

Quote from: apekillman on January 06, 2012, 06:59:51 PM

Excellent. Stoked you dig.
Looking forward to the report after using that insane arsenal of amps you have.

Quote from: apekillman on January 07, 2012, 10:57:57 AM
Quote from: dunwichamps on January 07, 2012, 10:17:29 AM

right.  but would be convenient to have them in one cool as fuck looking box.
Convenient, surely. It's useful to cats who may want both effects, and also like to stack them in different orders.
The main feature of the Sarcophagus is the switchable effects order. That really changes the nature of the sound quickly.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

apekillman

I was being a prick by mentioning that list.  I do own all those mentioned and plan on trying each out.  I'll report back.