Main Menu

Sending large files

Started by bbottom, April 14, 2012, 10:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

Question.....

So I've always recorded my band practices and then broke down the practice into individual files to send to the other band members.

Well this has gotten to be kind of a pain in the ass and is pretty time consuming. Plus I would like the other guys to be able to hear the entire practice not just what I send them.

So my question is, what is the best way to send these guys an MP3 or WAV file that is probably close to 3 hours long?

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

most hosting sites have limits (i use mediafire which limits @ 100megs)
you could just use audacity to cut them up and upload them like that on mediafire and sent them the links.

ooops looks like jake may be onto something that would work better

Lumpy

Get a Soundcloud account and set the files to private (you could even name the URL differently than your reg. band Soundcloud account, to avoid future confusion). You can upload immediately and the dudes can comment on the files (even comment using 'time markers' if you want). The other guys don't have to download or convert anything, just press Play.

Basically, instant gratification. I used it one time so far, and I'm already sold.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Volume

We use dropbox. We have everything there, demos, bios, pics, etc. and there are apps for smartphones and too.

Fuhgawz

bbottom

Dropbox seems pretty cool, thanks guys