Behringer Cross Reference for us cheap bastards

Started by Hemisaurus, February 24, 2011, 12:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

You got a cheap trade? I could use a One Spot adapter, cheap pedal, gig bag that's not horrible, something else...?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

VOLVO)))

So, Behringer is going to make it possible for me to set up a live-bass dubstep board.

BSY600 for the synth noises/exp to control rate of the decay, a POG for the sub-harms and the uppers, some sort of trem pedal for some extra wobble, two delays, most likely one Analog/one digital, a reverb pedal, and a looper... and of course... SOME FUCKING FUZZ. Most likely the Buzzbox is going on there, and some variety of Muff with all knobs on 10...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Also, Herb, is there any type of pedal-based LFO?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Not cheap, but your free to build 'em yourself.

http://www.4mspedals.com/atoner.php?mode=specs

also check out the triwave and noise swash ;)

spookstrickland

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 06, 2011, 12:24:58 AM
So, Behringer is going to make it possible for me to set up a live-bass dubstep board.

BSY600 for the synth noises/exp to control rate of the decay, a POG for the sub-harms and the uppers, some sort of trem pedal for some extra wobble, two delays, most likely one Analog/one digital, a reverb pedal, and a looper... and of course... SOME FUCKING FUZZ. Most likely the Buzzbox is going on there, and some variety of Muff with all knobs on 10...

This might be a dumb question but what is "Dubstep"?  I've heard of Dub but not dubstep and what would that sound like.  I think I might dig it.  I know I dig the sound of Dub drums but I don't know much about what people have been doing with guitars fuzz wise.  I've only heard the Reggae type stuff.

Thanks

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Metal and Beer

Here ya go, Spooky Tooth

www.lmgtfy.com

Just type in "dubstep"    :P
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

spookstrickland

Quote from: Metal and Beer on July 29, 2011, 03:07:15 PM
Here ya go, Spooky Tooth

www.lmgtfy.com

Just type in "dubstep"    :P

I did that before I asked and just found a bunch of guy's playing some clean chords over some beats.  Nothing Fuzzy like SunnO))) is talking about in his post.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

VOLVO)))

Its not really dubstep. "Dubstep" is bro music. I may have named it wrong... fuzzy electronic doom?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

spookstrickland

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 29, 2011, 05:22:26 PM
Its not really dubstep. "Dubstep" is bro music. I may have named it wrong... fuzzy electronic doom?

I'd still like to hear some of what you are talking about.  Your pedal board sounded like it would make for some pretty cool music.

thanks
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

jibberish

Quote from: beardofcthulhu on February 24, 2011, 08:33:17 PM
the HM300 will be mine.  Oh yes it will.  I'm even going to leave it in that hideous pink box.  ala the Thrashmaster.

thats the first thing i looked for on the list.  i woulod not ever give up my HM-2 EVER. that pedal is me. but i sure would like a backup...

Lumpy

Good prices on Behringer clones here:

http://www.guitartrader.com/Single-Guitar-Effects?pg=100&c=Behringer&s=l

Some stores have free shipping, I dunno if Guitar Trader does (probably not since it doesn't seem to say FREE SHIPPING anywhere). Still, they have Behringers starting at 14.99.

I ordered a Fender bass there a few years ago, it's a legitimate operation.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Hemisaurus

I like BH Photo they sell a lot of them for $23.99 with free shipping, don't know what Guitar Trader charges for shipping? I've bought a few things from them and they're pretty good.

Just checked, Guitar Trader want $12.78 to ship a single pedal, so maybe it's a good thing if your buying multiples? Yeah, 2 or more pedals they're a better deal than BH. As the cost of shipping 2 is only $1 more.

Jake

poop.