Kevin Shields Tape Op interview

Started by hisheroisjon, June 29, 2012, 04:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hisheroisjon

I know it's not exactly stoner/doom related, but I've listening to the Loveless remasters that came out recently and thought I'd post this. the way this album was recorded and the way it actually sounds are really weird, as there are actually very few guitar tracks on each song, and most of those tracks are in mono.

Naxzul

Thanks for the images. Although I think that album and that band are very overrated and boring I geek on gear stuff like this so this is very useful.
http://deadriverrunsdry.bandcamp.com/
www.facebook.com/DeadRiverRunsDry

Jake

I respectfully disagree. For my money, Loveless is a masterpiece, start to finish.
poop.

The Shocker

Quote from: Naxzul on June 29, 2012, 08:49:23 PM
Thanks for the images. Although I think that album and that band are very overrated and boring I geek on gear stuff like this so this is very useful.

I can see why Loveless is so influential, but I can't make it through the album.  Liked them a whole lot better live.

Lumpy

Is that an old issue? Sometimes my issues of Tape Op go missing in the mail, once in a while.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

hisheroisjon

It's from a few years ago I believe, I've signed up for tape op a couple times and only get emails from them haha. I think Loveless is great though, "When You Sleep" is probably one of my favorite songs of all time.

Naxzul

Quote from: The Shocker on June 30, 2012, 09:19:02 AM
Quote from: Naxzul on June 29, 2012, 08:49:23 PM

I can see why Loveless is so influential, but I can't make it through the album.  Liked them a whole lot better live.

My thoughts exactly. I'd like to check them out live if they ever toured Australia, maybe it'd change my opinion.
http://deadriverrunsdry.bandcamp.com/
www.facebook.com/DeadRiverRunsDry