Main Menu

kent armstrong pickups?

Started by kirky, May 27, 2012, 05:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirky

what's the verdict on this company? similar to gfs? i'm thinking about their hb style p90's.

Mr. Foxen

Used to be fairly fancy pickups, then they got them made to same design in the East, which is a pretty good call, I've liked all the ones I've used.

xayk

I have a set of Armstrong's in a Jackson FB2 that I dig quite a bit, to the point where I've hesitated selling the guitar just 'cause of the pickups.

mutantcolors

I got a necker I'd sell ya. It aint bad at all but yeah, since I've prodded you upwards of thrice now about mean 90s, you might gather that I don't use buckers anymore.

grimniggzy

He made the pickups in the Dan Armstrong Reissues. I have the guitar and the bass and they're awesome pickups. The one bass pickup is kinda useless compared to the other one but doesn't sound bad. Both guitar pickups are awesome in different ways though.

kirky

Quote from: mutantcolors on May 28, 2012, 12:41:58 AM
I got a necker I'd sell ya. It aint bad at all but yeah, since I've prodded you upwards of thrice now about mean 90s, you might gather that I don't use buckers anymore.

i actually do want the mean 90's....but they're not available in cream...i gotta epi gold top and it was strictly  about looks that i was looking elsewhere....kent has hb p90's in cream.

zachoff

Reverend used KA pickups in the original (American) basses and guitars and they absolutely rule.  I've had a set of the hum-fit P-90s in my 72 (Squier) tele for 8 or so years and I think they're pretty rad but man... The ones in my Reverend Rumblefish absolutely rule.  I'm pretty sure they're from before they were made overseas, but I could be wrong.