Main Menu

Headphones wiring

Started by MichaelZodiac, July 07, 2012, 08:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelZodiac

For 4 years now I have the Beyerdynamic DT 770 M headphones, I absolutely love the sound of these headphones. As I use them everyday while going to school, going out etc, I expected to see some wear after 2 years or so, maybe even sooner but these just kept going until last week when the cable is having some connection issues with the headphones. I have to wiggle the cable a bit to get full volume, otherwise the low end disappears.

Can I fix this as I can't bring it into the store anymore? Has anybody done this before? Or should I just buy a new pair?
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

clockwork green

This always happens to my cables (usually on in ear monitors which I use on my commute) and it's just too small for me to get in there and do anything.  Thankfully more companies are making headphones with detachable cables you can swap in and out easily. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

VOLVO)))

handy with a soldering iron? Can you open the headphones without breaking anything?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

MichaelZodiac

I have a pop who's handy with a soldering iron and apparently Beyerdynamic has replacement cables so I'm gonna check it out tomorrow if I can open it without breaking something and will post pics.

Thanks
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan