Main Menu

Facebook band page help

Started by bbottom, July 06, 2012, 07:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

Quote from: mawso on July 08, 2012, 08:48:44 PM
Quote from: Lumpy on July 07, 2012, 11:31:23 PM
Quote from: mawso on July 07, 2012, 06:30:58 PM
surf over to your band's page - DON'T click on the "use page as" link in the menu, just surf over there normally using the search bar, because you want to be using facebook as your personal account

click on the down arrow next to "build audience" and then click on "invite friends"

it's not so hard :)

When I log in, I'm at "Admin Page". Under "Build Audience" I have "invite email contacts" and "Create an ad".

If I am logged in, I can only view the Admin page view.

Somebody told me I can "Share" my event with other people... I just tried it -- it posts it the info on my page. That's not sharing. I need Facebook lessons :(

Log in to your personal account.  Surf over to your band's page.  Click on build audience, and then Invite Friends.  Then invite everyone who might be interested.  That's all there is to it, stop trying to make a meal out of it.

I don't see an option that allows you to build an audience from your personal page

mawso

it's right there

just make sure you're logged in to your personal account

bbottom

Quote from: mawso on July 09, 2012, 11:47:06 PM

it's right there

It's weird man. I don't have that option in my personal account. The only time that I do is when I am logged into the band account. And when I do click on the build an audience button in that account, it only allows me to invite people from my email contacts.

mawso

Quote from: bbottom on July 10, 2012, 02:51:38 PM

it's right there

It's weird man. I don't have that option in my personal account. The only time that I do is when I am logged into the band account. And when I do click on the build an audience button in that account, it only allows me to invite people from my email contacts.

is your personal account set as one of the page's admins?

bbottom

Quote from: mawso on July 11, 2012, 12:09:37 AM
Quote from: bbottom on July 10, 2012, 02:51:38 PM

it's right there

is your personal account set as one of the page's admins?

Ok I did that and it worked. Thanks man

eugenicscum

Semantics.

There are Profiles, which allows to add friends, and allow people to subscribe to your feed if you're too popular. (FB allows only 5000 friends to be added)

There are Pages which allows anyone to 'like' and follow the updates in their newsfeeds. Pages allow you to add music, video and store applications that are useful if you're an artist. Pages allow you to add multiple admins, and allows you to invite/recommend the page to your friends. You don't mutually add friends on pages.

Hope that's clear?

eugenicscum

Quote from: eugenicscum on July 12, 2012, 01:05:21 AM
Semantics.

There are Profiles, which allows you to add friends, and allows people to subscribe to your feed if you're too popular. (FB allows only 5000 friends to be added)

There are Pages which allows anyone to 'like' and follow the updates. Pages allow you to add music, video and store applications as tabs that are useful if you're an artist. Pages allow you to add multiple admins, and allows you to invite/recommend the page to your friends. You don't mutually add friends on pages.

Hope that's clear?