How do power your board? 1 Spot, Voodoo, 9V?

Started by Baltar, August 01, 2013, 01:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltar

I just had to got done repairing my Visual Sound 1-Spot. The damn thing started to break off where it connects to the wall-wart. A little JB Weld did the trick nicely.  I put velcro on one side and hid the slack under my tuner and MKII. If anyone has had the same problem, I highly recommend this trick. Zip-ties and velcro are my friends.

What does everyone else use for their board?

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Lumpy

I dig your home-brewed style, with the door-pull pickup handles and the wood base. It blows my mind that people spend 150 bucks and more, for a board (which doesn't even make any sounds)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Baltar

Thanks Lump, I think the handles were like $2 each. The velcro and wood were free, I have 6 rubber feet on the bottom and it all drops into a Samsonite suitcase ($11 at Goodwill).
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

rayinreverse

Chovie D

I do almost exactly what you do. Therefor: you are awesome!

the second power supply is 24 volt for the tube pedal.

black

Santa brought me one of these a while back.

(stock photo. not my actual set-up)
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

neighbor664

Lip

inexpensive - hasn't given me any problems in a few years now.
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

Corey Y

I have a Pedaltrain PT2 with a Voodoo PPII+ and a Mini with a OneSpot. Both work well, no complaints, if I'm using all 18v pedals (all my Pigtronix ones mostly) I can use one of my 18v adapters and the daisy chain from the OneSpot. So long as there's none that draw a crazy amount of current, but it's mostly dirt pedals anyway.

clockwork green

For the band I play bass in I use a Fuel Tank Jr. For my much larger board for guitar I have a pedal power mondo and a pedal power digital since I have a bunch of high current pedals.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Jake

+1 on the Fuel Tank Jr.

Works well enough, but the fuse was really hard to find a replacement. Like really, really hard to find.
poop.

James1214

I have power into my tu2 and send from there via a 1 spot daisy chain to my small stone (using there 3.5mm adapter) tubescreamer and pharaoh. Also on the pedalboard is a switcher for my amp however that is unpowered.
words

eyeprod

1 spot.  I used to use a boss adapter with the chain but it broke at the same place you described. I bought the 1 spot and never repaired the boss. Works fine for me
CV - Slender Fungus

Lip

I've had a few 1 spots over the years - I always thought they were noisy... mighta been just me though...
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

johnny problem

I use a Dunlop DC Brick.  I used to use a boss adapter and daisy chained the power to my pedals.  The Brick got rid of some hum, so I'm happy.  I just need a board to put all my pedals on.

Danny G

I've always gone cheapie/DIY and had a power strip mounted to my pedal board.

Use an adapter into the TU-2 and daisy chain rest of pedals, with separate adapter to power the wah as it has a right-angle plug.

Leaves an extra spot or two on power strip to power other things if need be (Merch lights, someone else's pedalboard, etc)

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

RAGER

I have one of them Gator padded boards with a zipper and pockets for shit that prolly cost $150 but was a hand me down from my last bass player cuz it has a busted zipper.  Use a 1 spot for most of the pedals and an 18v alone for my Dirty Little Secret.  I've never looked inot the other pedal power things.  I should at least try another one to see if I'm missing something.  I kinda like my shit noisy and rough sounding.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

The Riffer

One board, using the Fuel tank junior, no problems so far, but maybe I should heed Jake's warning and find a spare fuse before I actually need it., Another board using the Voodoo Labs and its pretty nice too. For everyday pedal testing here at the shop, I use a one spot, thinking that if the pedals pass noise standards with that, they should be good.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance