all things SYNTH & KEYBOARD thread

Started by jibberish, November 30, 2013, 05:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

Great. Yeah Elektron, I used to have a machinedrum, phat though. Looks I'm building a small kit not unlike your upstairs pic there. I may need to get a line mixer, still avoiding euro. May not be the way to go but I can use a mixer elsewhere too. I'll cobble something together...

RAGER

You got rid of the machinedrum cuz it was a mindfuck interface right?
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

That must have been it! I didn't have a grasp on it, at all. Only had it for a demo period - had to ask myself if I could make a go of it. All nopes. But the sound , still love it. 

Looking at Wavestate or the Waldorf STVC - actually want a TG33 or SY22. Just missed a TG 33 I might should have grabbed that one! 

Of course the Arturia V Collection but missed the big sale last couple weeks. Honestly, I ain't got along well with computers of late, not even ipad. Seems I can press down on real keys and buttons though!  :o

Muffin Man

Okay, I'm burnin-in the Grendel going on 7 1/2 hours with this "vacuum pump"/"windshield wiper" envelope - 2 LFo's or something. Same setting running on 7 1/2 hours now. Seem ROCK solid to me! I don't know about drift, frankly, but this thing sounds the same as the last clip after the 7+ hour. I wonder if the files would null (actually, I used Normalizationo in Audacity clip two, gain boost on te first) oops, reverb on the first. I have tricks up my sleeve just yet dont you worry none.

Muffin Man

Scruff sound, don't mind that. Grendel (mono synth) recorded thru left heaphone speaker with iphone. Just burning dis in. creepy sound but this thing could work once I git mah paws onit.

warning weird but 100% monosynth (except scruff) (hey I'm new)

/derp

RAGER

It's great for generative synthesis.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Some kookiness from the other night.

https://instagram.com/p/B_OrNuDh-lb/
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Cool, I love a reverb-slammed Didgeridoo!

Muffin Man

Lovely vocals! Nice projection. Grazie

Muffin Man

The Grendel seems quite analogue, sure, I have yet to patch it properly at all. But I can smell bacon.

Muffin Man

Muffin Man

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

socket

Who else is pro bro? wasnt it bolt and jor el ron?
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I remember those kits from moogfest a couple years ago along with dfam and workstatt. I've got a mother 32 in that same size box.

I've actually been considering the Matriarch as a next synth. Thought about a Rev 2 but not since I bought the Peak.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Is that Mr Moog?

Got the replacement grendel today, goodie! Shit going to get reel some more.

ed. First one was replaced under professional advice from the main man builder. Good for me I git to hear a second one and see if my ears perk up some more. Yippie-KaiAaaaa

RAGER

What was wrong with the first one?

Did you get the Keystep Pro yet?
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

No clue. The replacement is way better though! The SUB button sound obvious, didn't before. I was suspicious of it. KSPro still on pre-order. The RA99 is cool. Not sure what I can do with it, just tinkering unitl I get my act otgether. Key Step no where in sight, still on pre-order. I need to git my furniture/workflow figure out whil ei'm waiting...

Plywood

^ Cool! Make some jams and post them on here, mang.

Muffin Man

Will do. I'll make a song called sheetrock Plywood!

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

RAGER

3 minutes of a Jupiter6 2 note arp.

https://i.imgur.com/sGyv7J3.mp4
No Focus Pocus