all things SYNTH & KEYBOARD thread

Started by jibberish, November 30, 2013, 05:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

Due to covid and some apathy from one of the members of unholy semen, i have decided to turn it into my solo power electronic harsh noise project. Blackened harsh noise. Im going to try and get on a harsh noise support network live stream show in the future. I got to do something. This shit is killing me. Broke out the gear today (this is the set up i was using for the short time i was in foot and mouth disease). Once i dust this shit off ill post some recordings.

This will all be going through a peavey bass head and randall 2x15 bass cab.

RAGER

I didn't know you'd gone eurorack. Fag.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Lumpy

About time you did a solo project. Now when somebody cancels band practice, you have nobody to blame except yourself.

Unholy Semen is a great name, but maybe you wanna save it in case the band gets back together?

Who made the big silver and white units in the back row? Is that JMT stuff from Japan?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

Im not sure who made those. Theres no name or anything on them. I got them used from some website. i think it was the same place i got the other stuff.
I love the white one. The other one has me stumped. I havent really scratched the surface with what it can do.
I thought about a different name but im not starting over. I already have merch. There was a time back in 2014 that the switch almost happened. I booked a show and neither of the other guys ever played out before and got cold feet and said they did not want to play. I told them i wasnt cancelling and said i would play a solo harsh noise set if they pussied out. They ended up doing it. To be honest, the band was never the same after mike died. I lost a band mate but anthony lost his younger brother. He never had the same connection to the drummer we got after and became a little apathetic. If we end up playing again, the harsh noise can be the 'covid era' of the band.

Lumpy

I'll try to find pics of JMT stuff and see if it matches up.

Lumpy

Same style of labels as early JMT stuff. I have a recent unit, it's rad. I'm pretty sure I've seen the big silver one before, that box shape is hard to forget.

https://reverb.com/item/12168396-jmt-custom-drone-noise-synth

mortlock

I would say my stuff is JMT based on that listing on reverb.

Lumpy

Found it on YouTube, there's a part 1 and 3. I went to his channel and sorted by "show oldest first". Your white unit might be on YouTube too

Lumpy

The newer JMT stuff is really rad but it's easier to find now, so it's not that unique. The older ones like you have aren't ones that everyone can buy. It's cool when equipment is easy to find but that means a lot of people are all using the same stuff. There's probably only a small handful of units like the one you have.

mortlock

Thanks for posting that. Maybe now i can figure out what the hell im doing.

Lumpy

That's how I do it (watch Youtubes). You can probably copy his patch cables to follow along.

RAGER

I was gonna suggest mirroring his patch to see what it does. I could look up the unit and offer assistance but I'm lazy.

/toughlove
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

You dont get to fuck with the eurorack.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

first sesh in the books. got some work to do but its been a long time since i jammed on this gear. i forgot pretty much all i used to know about these synths. i may have been a little loud, i walked outside to do a volume check and i saw my neighbor kind of frantically looking around his house. it didnt seem loud but it was audible from his side. hes gonna have to get used to it. 

renfield

he should be made to hear the sounds

RAGER

Right on morty !  Fuck em. He'll never touch your porch again.

Ahem. Song title.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

i can only go so far. he has a competition with the neighbor across the street who helps the disabled guy who lives next door to him. my neigb took me under his wing and started mowing my front lawn even though i always mowed it. weird but i went with it. its been a few summers and they both still compete. they do all my leaves in the fall too. its unbelievable.

mortlock

the first piece is 'Syphilis'.
i had the t shirt made for that one. 13 shirts total. super rare.

Lumpy

Quote from: mortlock on August 22, 2020, 07:55:23 PMi may have been a little loud, i walked outside to do a volume check and i saw my neighbor kind of frantically looking around his house. it didnt seem loud but it was audible from his side. hes gonna have to get used to it.

He probably thought his boiler was going to explode.

mortlock

i can get a lot done with power electronics. i just dialed in a cool sounding wall, pressed record on the zoom h-1 and went upstairs and took a shower. came back awhile later and ripped a bong and cracked a beer. fucked around with the sound for a second and before you knew it, it was over. might be the best piece of music ever recorded in history.   

Muffin Man