all things SYNTH & KEYBOARD thread

Started by jibberish, November 30, 2013, 05:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

Quote from: RAGER on October 01, 2020, 04:28:05 PM
Sequential s releasing the Prophet 5 Rev 4. Wow!

I was listening to demos for an hour this morning. Would be nice to hear one in person. Soooo many wild synths out these days. Super golden era or something.

Muffin Man

RAGER

I love granular synthesis. Drums through a granular synthesizer is waaay cool.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Oh really. I never even thought of drums for that. Def will do.

Have you seen the Isla SP-2400? I just found out about it. Discovered Boom Bap which obviously I've listened too but never knew the genre name for it. So, that's a thing.

RAGER

Yes. I've been following the progress of that one for the last year or so too. Looks pretty killer.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

QUN granular also FM, sequencer. my Grendel has a new friend.

Muffin Man

Quote from: RAGER on October 02, 2020, 03:34:01 PM
Yes. I've been following the progress of that one for the last year or so too. Looks pretty killer.

RAGER

Get in on the $950 by Monday. It goes up to $1500 after. You'll receive it in January. Great price either way.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I was going to mention the $$$ but figured you'd already know. Maybe even December but January will work. Nevermind the option cards question I deleted it, no room on the back panel.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

Cool. I don't really know anything about soft synths.  I've got Logic on a MacBook I never use but it has some of those on it and I've got a Minimoog app on my iPad. All my other stuff is hardware. I've been more into guitar lately anyway. I could see myself maybe getting a Kemper or Fractal thing in the future. But full stacks are cool too.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Something 80's sunny I recorded a few years ago.  Might have posted it here already.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Nice sound, I think I understand the Jupiter sound (on that patch) a little better, wonder if I could cop with the VC340 maybe into an fx box. Maybe this one just got. Hope the 1010 is the hub for my desktop toys, I need help with quick takes

Muffin Man

I need an electronics vacuum dedicated for the knobs and ports and keybeds. Get in them slots but good. Anything re-chargeable out there?

RAGER

There's probably something like that out there.  I've always used a semi stiff bristle paint brush for all gear.

I totally missed that blue box post.  Is it working for you?  I'll watch some demos on it.  Not exactly sure what it does.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

You can use compressed air. Widely available.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Muffin Man

Good idea but vacuums' suck and compressed air forces bits around. I'll get some canned air for step two. Too bad there seems to be no end to dust around here. No clue where it's coming from or how to better battle it - I've a couple room hepa filters, Merv11 filters in the forced air. I bet some of it's coming from the unpainted sub-basement concrete through leaky ductwork. Also airborne from open windows. Maybe the carpet too.

The bluesbox is waiting on cables because they don't ship with any (except does include midi adapter) and places are sold-out of cables. I need to bundle-up on all kinds of cables. Would make some myself but can't handle the 1/8 mini's and especially not a 1/8" stereo.  Nick Batt put a review that tells me the box with do about 1/2 of what I want, just a matter of whether 1/2 is enough for the cost. The size for the desktop is great for a scratchpad. One thing, it doesn't record midi at present so as a central hub...I do need to get on the learning curve with it, and maybe firmware updates will provide more function.

RAGER

Ah the Taurus III's.  I had 1971 Taurus I several years ago.  I have a foot controller, a Sub 37  and a large format 3 oscillator modular to make those sounds now.  Is your III reliable? 

Very cool BTW.
No Focus Pocus

Submarine

I've got a Taurus II that does not leave the studio and the Taurus III I can take out on gigs.  I use both in the studio.  The Taurus II sounds a bit warmer and more "gooey".  The Taurus III has all the modern features like memory, arpeggiator, deeper programming etc.  It sounds phenomenal but a little different.  Its definitely a conversation piece when it shows up at gigs.  First gig I ever did with it was when we were a two piece band.  People were kind of puzzled when we set up but I plugged it straight into the club's house bass rig.  Once those first few notes came out of that bass rig, everyone's head turned.  One of the most fun gigs ever.

Muffin Man

was working in drone mode last night, learning a little about what the pots do. I think we'll get along. But the filter, I like it, has a reach I need to cutoff -or the reso, there's a razor-thin spot on the resonnance where its almost perfect.  Had to jump on this since my dealer (and the entire network is being forced out - whatver the heck Uli is doing with distribution (It smells, to me). But got a good discount, so.... Small enough to make room. And why not? When I hear the pros play it I go "gotta have". It'll be awhile but I did get that one cool sound last night that sounds like a water drop. Haven't hooked up a keyboard, wanted to get some drone tweaks first. It's going to work but might have to effect it with another box. All bleeps and bloops for now.

Muffin Man

Quote from: Lumpy on February 17, 2021, 11:45:48 PM
You can use compressed air. Widely available.

Got a six-pack at the warehouse. Thanks for the headsup.

Muffin Man

FM for fiddling. Setting up the spaceship now for Summer. Get er done