What to do with a 5 string banjo neck???

Started by spookstrickland, February 17, 2014, 09:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spookstrickland

I just picked up a 5 string banjo neck and I'm wondering what to build out of it??? lets get crazy!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Lumpy

I'm not familiar with banjo necks, but what about putting it on a gasoline can. You might have to bolt a board inside the can, then attach the neck to that.

I dunno, that probably wouldn't be comfortable to play.

I'm stumped...
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

liquidsmoke

spookstrickland

I think I'm going to try and mount it on an old Hubcap.  anyone know how to figure out the proper scale length for the neck?
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

James1214

Quote from: spookstrickland on February 18, 2014, 03:19:16 PM
I think I'm going to try and mount it on an old Hubcap.  anyone know how to figure out the proper scale length for the neck?

Measure from the nut to the octave, which is , like a guitar (I think) is the 12th fret on banjo, the one with 2 dots. Take that measurement and double it. That's your scale length.
words

spookstrickland

Quote from: SunnO))) on February 18, 2014, 04:14:05 PM

Quote from: James1214 on February 18, 2014, 05:17:46 PM
Quote from: spookstrickland on February 18, 2014, 03:19:16 PM

Measure from the nut to the octave, which is , like a guitar (I think) is the 12th fret on banjo, the one with 2 dots. Take that measurement and double it. That's your scale length.

Awesome! thanks guys.  I'm going to be hitting the big April Portland auto swap meet and see what kind of cool hubcap I can find!
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org