Take me to school - bass cab edition.

Started by mutantcolors, March 07, 2014, 03:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Foxen

They can do more of everything better than ceramics, so not much by way of development is happening with ceramics. Only materials price is the problem, and that is supposedly sorting out. Ceramics will go the way of alnicos and field coils eventually. Biggest problem they have is a lot of cabinet companies are total shysters who just crammed neos into existing cabs that were not suited to the altered specs and sounded shitty.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on March 28, 2014, 09:43:20 PM
They can do more of everything better than ceramics, so not much by way of development is happening with ceramics. Only materials price is the problem, and that is supposedly sorting out. Ceramics will go the way of alnicos and field coils eventually. Biggest problem they have is a lot of cabinet companies are total shysters who just crammed neos into existing cabs that were not suited to the altered specs and sounded shitty.

I've read this before yet people do seem to like them in Avatar cabs.

Lumpy

I think most (or all) of the Bergantino bass cabs have neodymium speakers. Maybe that should be your big bass cab splurge... a Bergantino 6x10. You can get them used for 750. Supposed to be louder and lower than an Ampeg 8x10, and it will fit on the backseat of your car. About 95 pounds I think (Ampeg is about 135 I think)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: liquidsmoke on March 29, 2014, 08:36:31 PM
Quote from: Mr. Foxen on March 28, 2014, 09:43:20 PM

I've read this before yet people do seem to like them in Avatar cabs.

Avatar have a standard box size but retune the cabs to suit the drivers they use, they consult Eminence on how to do it right. Avatar are pretty straight up.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Lumpy on March 29, 2014, 09:07:48 PM
I think most (or all) of the Bergantino bass cabs have neodymium speakers. Maybe that should be your big bass cab splurge... a Bergantino 6x10. You can get them used for 750. Supposed to be louder and lower than an Ampeg 8x10, and it will fit on the backseat of your car. About 95 pounds I think (Ampeg is about 135 I think)

Sounds very awesome.

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on March 30, 2014, 12:07:56 AM
Avatar have a standard box size but retune the cabs to suit the drivers they use, they consult Eminence on how to do it right. Avatar are pretty straight up.

Nice!