Main Menu

insane music/gear ideas thread.

Started by jibberish, March 17, 2014, 01:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mutantcolors

Jake

A slightly less asshole-y way to respond to mutant's post might have been something like:

Yes, I've seen that exact thing happen in my town. Many, many times, in fact.

Followed by:
A. It sounded really cool to see and hear two killer bands intermesh like that. Very worthwhile.
B. It was kind of a clusterfuck. Too many cooks in the kitchen, so to speak. Not recommended.
poop.

RAGER

Maybe they don't do this in  bumfucked idaho but it's a common occurrence here in Portland for bands to square off on stage and trade tunes.  done it myself.  Don't get all fragile cuz your unoriginal idea has been already done and done.  Hey maybe you should do a 2 drummer thing.  That's original right.  Fuck it never mind.  dick
No Focus Pocus

Jake

Hey, thanks again for classing up the Jam Room.
poop.

RAGER

Thanks for harping on a point. So fragile.
No Focus Pocus

agent of change

We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

mutantcolors

Seriously, post up some shit of two bands playing one set.

Here's a mind-melter: Portland is podunk by just about any standard outside Oregon.

Lumpy

I've never seen that (two bands one cup). It's a good idea on paper. There are stages big enough to fit everybody, or do dudes exit the band stage round-robin style? Logistically, it seems awkward unless maybe a warehouse show where there's no actual stage?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

agent of change

Then one giant song all together to finish out?
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

BastardCthulhu

So back on topic then...Wheez-o-tron APPLAUDED.

Instant Dan

Klon Centaur overdrive pedal that does a glitchy 8-bit octave sound just because all those blues lawyers would have a conniption fit.

Metal and Beer

The comments section of (pretty much any) news stories make me want to do bad stuffs to people.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

Omlet

In my drone doom project I use various of strange sounds, such as bubbling of aquarium filter with lots of reverb, plus of course some radio feedback, which is one of my favorite "effect" :D

Lumpy

Quote from: Omlet on April 12, 2014, 06:14:51 PM
In my drone doom project I use various of strange sounds, such as bubbling of aquarium filter with lots of reverb, plus of course some radio feedback, which is one of my favorite "effect" :D

"Liked"

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Discö Rice

Quote from: RAGER on March 17, 2014, 01:44:55 PM
I've heard drummers that sounded like a shoe in a dryer.
*cough* ZACK HILL *coughcough..*
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

JemDooM

Quote from: jibberish on March 17, 2014, 01:35:24 PM
heh. you never know....

here's mine:

THEE ultimate noise band rhythm-box. thinking of you mortay haha.

take 1 old clothes dryer.
strip it down to motor and drum
add speed controller to motor and envelope type of speed control
modify the paddles, both in spacing and in shape. some could catch and release at the top, some could deflect
thoroughly research every conceivable shit that makes heinous noise tumbling in a dryer and maybe come out with sets of stuff that sounds killer at certain speeds with certain paddle combos
FINALLY, replace sections of the drum with other materials for different sounds upon being struck by flying objects.

you are on your own regarding mic'ing that bitch up.

next.....

Haha! Mort will have that done, recorded and released within a week! ;)

DooM!