What are your band influences in your Original Music?

Started by everdrone, April 10, 2014, 02:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everdrone

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

Metal and Beer

My personal influences would differ from the last band I was in, but The Last Band I Was In is influenced by......by......hell I dunno. Iron Monkey, Buzzoven, His Hero Is Gone, Crowbar, Eyehategod.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

RacerX

Quote from: Metal and Beer on April 10, 2014, 02:31:35 PM
My personal influences would differ from the last band I was in, but The Last Band I Was In is influenced by......by......hell I dunno. Iron Monkey, Buzzoven, His Hero Is Gone, Crowbar, Eyehategod.

Are you out again, then?
Livin' The Life.

liquidsmoke

Sabbath, Candlemass, Pentagram, Trouble, Saint Vitus, Manowar, Manilla Road, Ironsword, Omen, Sleep, High On Fire, Electric Wizard, and Reverend Bizarre are a few.

Lumpy

Throbbing Gristle, SPK, Lustmord, Flipper, End Result, Lull, Sunn, Merzbow, guitar manglers like Eugene Chadbourne, Nels Cline and Thurston Moore.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Metal and Beer

Quote from: RacerX on April 10, 2014, 03:09:30 PM

Are you out again, then?

Yeah it sure looks that way; they posted a flyer for a show in MS later this month, and one of the guitarists posted a pic of new bass amps he got. I know I probably made the right decision to bail, but I'm so hard-wired to keeping bands together I still sometimes find myself struggling with it. *shrug* 

khoomeizhi

corrupted, thou, grief, graves at sea, rwake, sourvein, corrupted, sleep, noothgrush, corrupted.

there are of course more.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

Omlet

Stoner stuff: Acid King, Om, Acid King, even bit of Weedeater. And maybe Acid King.

Drone stuff: Arbouretum, Saint Vitus, Thorns, Sourvein, Mayhem with the most important guys still alive.

Black Metal stuff: Early Ulver, Darkthrone (especially the mid albums), Khold, Tulus.

Lumpy

Quote from: khoomeizhi on April 10, 2014, 05:29:15 PM
corrupted, thou, grief, graves at sea, rwake, sourvein, corrupted, sleep, noothgrush, corrupted.

Corrupted?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Metal and Beer

Corrupted rule; vocals wear a bit thin after a while (like I have room to talk, haha)

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

Metal and Beer

\m/ Daryl Fucking Dragon \m/

My next thing's gonna hopefully be a lot more traditional in terms of influences and such. I'm thinking Affliction shirts and songs about drinkin' beer on the tailgate of my ol' Ford with Selma Lou in her daisy dukes and if yew don't like country well yew can kiss mah dog's ass, wooooooo.

...either that or a blues-rock cooker with Hammond B-3, a couple hotshot horn blowers, a red hot drummer and three chicks keeping it very real on vocals

khoomeizhi

Quote from: Lumpy on April 10, 2014, 06:20:15 PM
Quote from: khoomeizhi on April 10, 2014, 05:29:15 PM

Corrupted?

among others ;)  dark castle, eyehategod, buried at sea....corrupted.....

Quote from: Metal and Beer on April 10, 2014, 07:00:09 PM
Corrupted rule; vocals wear a bit thin after a while (like I have room to talk, haha)

i think most of the time i register the vocals as some never-seen atonal noise instrument. but i getcha. i vary it up a bit more. adding shrieking and throatsinging keeps it a li'l fresher.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

RacerX

Quote from: Metal and Beer on April 10, 2014, 05:15:01 PM
Quote from: RacerX on April 10, 2014, 03:09:30 PM

Are you out again, then?

Yeah it sure looks that way; they posted a flyer for a show in MS later this month, and one of the guitarists posted a pic of new bass amps he got. I know I probably made the right decision to bail, but I'm so hard-wired to keeping bands together I still sometimes find myself struggling with it. *shrug* 

If you made the right decision as you say, just set yer sights on the future, man. That blooze rock vein sounds promising.

/old dude
Livin' The Life.

Jake

poop.

Metal and Beer

Jake has a lezbo bassist, so that she doesn't get distracted by the meaty meaty meat meat.

Mr. Foxen

Shitty childhood. Begrudging my parents (just my mother actually). Failed relationships. Hangovers. Frustration.

mutantcolors

All of them, great and terrible. Everything has something from which to learn.

Submarine

There are too many to name but I'll take a stab at it.
Killing Joke for the primal tribal rage, Ufomammut for the heavy, Fu Manchu for the fuzzy groovy, and Led Zep for the epicness of rock - does this make any sense.

lordfinesse

Billy Squier 24/7

justJon

Quote from: Metal and Beer on April 10, 2014, 08:21:36 PM
Jake has a lezbo bassist, so that she doesn't get distracted by the meaty meaty meat meat.
Dammit! I thought we had the original idea of the (hot) lesbo bassist!
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

justJon

As far as influences, personally, Led Zeppelin is why I play drums, but Black Sabbath is the reason I play the heavy.

As a band, we have been accused(?) of "worshipping at the altar of all things Wino." I'd rather like to think that we are just all of the same age, similar experiences, and listened to the same stuff coming up, so we're not copying Wino's various projects, but our roots come from the same stalk?

( edit:Just re-read this. Man, is that a tortured metaphor! Anyway, you get the gist.)
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

everdrone

awesomeness! that is a good thing to be accused of  ;D