Weedeater

Started by sleestak, March 02, 2011, 05:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleestak

The live reviews sections could use some love.

Describe to me how the Weedeater shows are this tour since I am not seeing them this go-round.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

deleted account

I would be going next Friday, but I have to go to my friend's surprise 40th birthday party.  god fucking dammit

lowdaddy

i'll be seeing them on the twentieth.  i'll let you know.  i'm sure it will be a glowing review.  i saw them last summer and it was stupidly heavy. on a related not, i saw eyehategod several nights ago and will be seeing sourvein saturday.  it's a sludgy kinda month over here.  ;D
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

sleestak

I've been lucky enough to see them 3 times at emissions fest. and twice on their own bills.  always fucking awesome and great stage presence......

grimniggzy

They were good this time through but I liked them a little better last year.
The songs from the new record are def better live than recorded.

Wesogkan

Saw them in RI a couple of weeks ago...Black Pyramid and ASG were great, I got really buzzed, smoked a joint, then Weedeater was loud and awesome and eventually a pit broke out in front of the stage. No one pukes or passed out on stage.

It's all about the details...

But seriously, pics are here

http://www.absolutmetal.com/WeedeaterPicsMetFeb11.htm

MF

On this tour: As loud as usual, vomit as usual, some new songs, one less toe.

EvilGit

They cancelled here in Atlanta.  Not sure how that effects the rest of the tour. 
But Zoaraster is playing and they are getting fucking amazing live.
Stone Mountain Freeway (the remains of Artims Pyledriver) opens and they rock.
Demonaut, who I never heard of, also opens but they got some heavy sludge on YouTube. 
Good bill, but would have been epic with Weedeater.

Metal and Beer

Yeah the last few Weedeater dates got cancelled, unsure why.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

sleestak

Clearly it must have something to do with drugs, guns or van trouble or any combination of those three things.

lowdaddy

looks like buzzoven cancelled their roadburn set too.  more dixie dave weirdness?
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

VOLVO)))

They canceled in Panama City beach, too. I drove an hour and some change to see it. Zoroaster, really, REALLY, fucking blows my mind. I've seen them 6 or 7 times, and they get better every time. This time they totally fucking crushed. The cops came to tell the bar to turn it down. He had his shit at 11oclock on the dial, barely pushing it... Anyways, throughout the set he would smile mischievously, and turn it up a little bit. By the last song it was cranked. Sue me, but the new bass player is better than the old guy. More fun. I think Zoroaster seriously benefits from not having the full wall of doom with them, the tones are better, and you can actually hear the songs... They SERIOUSLY fucking crush, these days. I'll be catching them as much as possible, now.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.