The Leftovers

Started by The Shocker, July 03, 2014, 09:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

I think im going to hold off until i can binge them all.
Vinyls.   deal.

The Shocker

I quit the first season a few episodes in, but heard how the 2nd season was so awesome and gave it a chance. Really loved it, I want to marry Carrie Coon. Third season is great so far, have no idea where it's going.

sleestak

Still not much of a clue where this is going with 1 episode left.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

The Shocker

I'm sure it will be a tearjerker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Shocker

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but that was a big letdown. Still cried a couple of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleestak

Just like LOST.   Dumb.  Good show though,  not sure I would have been pleased with anything.   I guess I wanted a more ambiguous thought provoking ending but it wasn't really.

socket

Yeah it was cool but stupid.

I enjoyed the show overall though.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

The Shocker

Yeah, overall I think the show was great.  Dealing with topics not covered by any other shows.  With the final episode I keep wondering where the 98% went on the other side.  If it happened at all.

MadJohnShaft

So worth watching Season 2-3? I quit a few into one.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

sleestak

Season 2 was the best.  Yeah it's a good show.  Season 1 didn't really represent the series as a whole.  I enjoyed 3 just kind of strange ending that I feel like I can appreciate a bit after some thought.

The Shocker

I went back and watched season 1 after watching season 2 and I liked it. One of the only times watching a later season first was the way to go.

jmucke

The end was a bit of a letdown but I expected that. The original story/book (which covered Season 1) never was about the big solution/explanation but continuing the story for two further season still worked pretty well. If you see the ending not as an explanation but as a form of acceptance it works better IMO.
Overall it was one of my favorite shows of the last few years, the acting, writing, direction - shit, more or less everything was great. I certainly would dig a Frasier-themed ferry-ride.

Token

Just started watching this, only on season 1 episode 3.

This show can fuck off. I'm hooked.

socket

Oh god, I'm sorry. It's all downhill.

sleestak

Disagree.  Season 2 is great.  I liked it all.

socket

Fool.

It was good through 2 seasons I guess. Should have just ended.

renfield

I'd say of Lindelof's three shows (this, Lost, Watchmen) this is the best, including the ending  8)