Best Tuner? for various tunings on Guitar and Bass. Boss TU3? Turbo Tuner?

Started by everdrone, July 28, 2014, 03:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

Quote from: RAGER on July 31, 2014, 12:17:44 PM
Quote from: Pissy on July 30, 2014, 06:29:28 PM
Quote from: Danny G on July 29, 2014, 07:45:38 PM
Totally.

And I take the TU-2 from my bass pedalboard and use it as a poor man's ABY box to split signal for the Loop pedal for Ocean of Stars.

Punk is not dead! It's just older, grayer, and goes to bed at a much more reasonable hour...

TU-2 as a splitter is the only way to go.  

Really?  Over something like a Radial aby?
I think so because if you are going to split, and run a tuner anyways, its one less pedal. I always ran the second line through a volume pedal to a smaller wattage amp kinda cranked, and I would roll on the dirt as needed.

Now I can't deny that often a ground lift woulda been nice to get rid if the hum, but not always necessary. Seemed like the clubs with the most shoddy power offering I didn't have a problem with that, and the places that had it done "right" was where I did.

Also, with the TU2, one line is active always, so when tuning, it's coming through your secondary amp. As I said, I ran a Vol pedal so no biggie, but its worth mentioning.  You can turn both lines off on one of them ABYs, right?

Honestly, I just think that pedal was really well thought out is all I'm saying.  It's not an effects pedal, but it does so much.
Vinyls.   deal.