Another Perfect Day

Started by Dunedin, August 05, 2014, 04:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunedin

Iron Fist was the last Motörhead album I bought as a young metalhead, before veering off into thrash and speed metal territory, so I never gave this album any attention at the time. That and the bad reviews meant it stayed off my radar for a long time.

But it's a classic album and Robbo's contribution is phenomenal. Easily the best guitarist to play with Motörhead.

Thoughts please?
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

RacerX

Too much chorus on Robbo's guitar, but otherwise a strong album.

Holiday at the Funny Farm, Dancing on Your Grave, & the title cut are my favorites.
Livin' The Life.

mortlock

great album. one of the best, if not the best motorhead album imo..

JLKOWAL

Definitely an underrated album and an acquired taste. Robertson had his stint with Thin Lizzy for a few albums and he was a very talented guitarist but he stood out as an oddball with the band and with the Motorhead crowd. He also refused to play some of their classic hits like ACE, BOMBER, OVERKILL - he didn't want comparisons with Fast Eddie. He was due for an exit and Lemmy did that for him for sure.

I bought the Motorhead Live at Lamour's East in Queens, NY where they toured for this album. Lemmy did an interview at the very end of this recording.

Another Perfect Day was not exactly FAST EDDIE material but became essential in my collection. Yes, A very good album to have.

RalphSnart_2

Picked this up last year, been listening to it quite a bit. Definitely odd sounding, and not for everybody, but it has a weird charm.