What is your comfiest go-to ax for most purposes?

Started by jibberish, August 14, 2014, 05:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

I seem to almost always go for the hagstrom ultra-swede. it is basically like a toy LP with better fit and finish. it has humbuckers with a coil tap and a nice metal thing over the tailpiece for picking comfort, hi ratio tuners that stay tuned for a long time and it is really lightweight, but has good tone variance. super comfy.

everdrone

my gibson sg standard :)

cheap but quality, with seymour duncan pickups

RacerX

A sharp hatchet for most purposes, a double edged axe for chopping down trees, sledge & wedge for splittin'.
Livin' The Life.

Jake

poop.

eyeprod

CV - Slender Fungus

mortlock

my '92 fender jazz bass. bought it new in '92. its a '62 re-ish. been my main ax ever since. its now a well worn road dog that just getss better with every ding and scratch. ive modded it and unmodded it several times only to find that it is best in its stock form.
something special about that bass. sounds better than any fender ive ever played. out of thousands of basses flying off an assembly line, once in awhile that special one comes along and i got it in this one. ive had a lot of basses over the years and i ended up dumping everyone of them. i only own two now. my fender and an '88 silver kramer, which i love, but its in such nice condition, i hate playing it. im hard on instruments.   

liquidsmoke

My faded SG would have fit this bill but it had a really thick neck, sold it.

Beta Cloud

why does it hurt when i pee?

mutantcolors

The light one (Fender scale length) leads the way, but darky (Gibson scale length) follows close behind.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

heytrid

77 gibson rd

mutantcolors.... that picture makes me want a mockingbird even more :(

The Shocker

mutantcolors

Quote from: heytrid on August 16, 2014, 10:02:09 PM

mutantcolors.... that picture makes me want a mockingbird even more :(

To find one like that search USED BC Rich Mockingbird on eBay. They are out of production but easy to snag for under $500. Make sure it's neck through.

Be prepared to see some ungodly beautiful/expensive 1970s vintage custom shop specimens.

Edit - I want to add that the neck will sit just a touch lower than most guitars. Almost everyone mistakes it for neck dive, and they go trying to move the strap button. It's not neck dive, they just balance a little differently than most guitars, and it will stop on it's own. Embrace it.

Ranbat

Usually, one of my 2 Harmony guitars. I have a Strat copy and another that's alot like a Schecter C-1.
Meh :/

Omlet

Highway One Telecaster. Single-driven. I record everything on it, from black metal to drone doom.

I think I must sell my other guitars, at least some of them, as I don't play them anymore :D

Metal and Beer

Mine's a Fag Guitar *

* Seeking Lezbo Bassist So She Won't Always Be Trying To Have Sex with Us
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Angostura

Despite having nicer guitars around, My go-to is this Agile 'gumby' SG knockoff:

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

The Shocker

Edit:  Good quality photo by Jake.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

The Shocker

No.  Always think about pursuing them, but then laziness rules out.  Good thing the stock pickup sounds good!

Pissy

Guitar:  

1977 SG

Bass:

1992 Stingray

But lately I've been playing this for a few reasons.  It's a bit of a basketcase condition-wise, but it feels really good and I like the way it sounds too.  Chewy is how I describe the sound.

1985 G&L EL Toro

Vinyls.   deal.