Main Menu

GAS thread

Started by Omlet, September 16, 2014, 02:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omlet

I can't believe that there's no such thread... until now.

So, here is my biggest one. I need it badly but it's so fucking expensive here, even the basic version. Walnut ones are, well... I've never seen one :(

RacerX

Pretty much every thread is the GAS thread up in here.

That said, I crave me a tricone, baritone National resonator guitar of the 12 fret variety.

Livin' The Life.

Jake

Been GASing for a MIJ SG lately. Something like this would scratch that itch nicely.

poop.

everdrone

that rick looks amazing!  I have the jetglo version. 

I will admit that it does not sound any different really than my $200 epiphone thunderbird bass though.

Omlet

I will buy a Rick for certain, however I don't know how many years will it take me :D
Now I'm trying hard to buy... Squier P-bass :( But salaries are late, as usual...

liquidsmoke

I wouldn't buy all of this stuff if I had the money or even necessarily a couple of these exact models but it's all cool shit that I 'want'.

mortlock

id take a ric too. fuckin love those basses.

mutantcolors

After landing a 1971 Hofner acoustic and assembling my drum kit, I'm actually GAS free for the first time in years, and have been so for months. Did I do it wrong?

Chest Rockwell

Sunburst Geddy Jazz. I already have a black one. the next is smoooooooove.

I play bass in THORUN

Facebook  www.facebook.com/Thorunband
Music       www.thorun.bandcamp.com
Youtube   www.youtube.com/user/Thorunband

Metal and Beer

That MIJ SG is gorgeous, OG Jake. I'd love a white Orville (or Greco, or Edwards !) Les Paul Custom, a sweet one bypassed my lazy ass for 900 bucks not too long ago
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

tombhex

Metal and Beer

I either love or hate that thing !

James1214

Want one so bad that I'm in the process of making one, I've already made full size plans, picked up about half the wood, saving for the Rickenbacker Mastery bridge, have bobbins for pickups and waiting on a roll of wire.

So yeah, there's some GAS for ya....
words

The Shocker

Hey smoke, Sam Ash is selling off those SG's for something like $475.

Metal and Beer

Hey MazeOfLiquidTone, is that Avatar pic a 4x12? I had one, the construction did not inspire confidence but it sounded excellent. I tried putting the speaks in a more robust box (a couple different ones actually..) but they never had that sweet sound as in the thin Avatar. Recommended.

mutantcolors

Quote from: Omlet on September 17, 2014, 09:45:30 AM
No. Now you are free.

For the longest fucking time I thought "all I need now is a good acoustic." Bam, one fell in my lap, possibly the finest I've ever played, and all was right in the Land of the Riff.

Omlet

I had slightly similar situation with electric guitars. I owned (and still own) asian SG copy, decent 1987 Ibanez RR and uber-awesome custom guitar. But for many, many years I craved for a Tele. Without any clear reason, as I never had one in my hands. And finally, I grabbed the HWY-1.

Fuck other guitars, I haven't played a single note on any of them since I have the blondie.

EDIT: I need the 4001/4003. I fucking need it. It's the same situation as the one I had with Telecaster.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Metal and Beer on September 17, 2014, 03:38:51 PM
Hey MazeOfLiquidTone, is that Avatar pic a 4x12? I had one, the construction did not inspire confidence but it sounded excellent. I tried putting the speaks in a more robust box (a couple different ones actually..) but they never had that sweet sound as in the thin Avatar. Recommended.

I posted the 4x10 which is said to be quality. I assume the 4x12 would destroy, good to know they sound excellent. Do you remember how thick the ply was? I don't offhand know what the norm is for bass cabs or guitar cabs but it's something I feel I should be aware of.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: The Shocker on September 17, 2014, 02:33:16 PM
Hey smoke, Sam Ash is selling off those SG's for something like $475.

GC/MF is for under $500 I think as well. Their necks appear to be set in further which helps with balance. I'm looking for a special or G-310 for cheap used(despite previously deciding that low end guitars aren't worth fooling with).

Omlet

Quote from: liquidsmoke on September 17, 2014, 04:14:45 PM
I don't offhand know what the norm is for bass cabs or guitar cabs

18mm is the standard. I guess that may be different in US.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Omlet on September 17, 2014, 04:18:56 PM
Quote from: liquidsmoke on September 17, 2014, 04:14:45 PM
I don't offhand know what the norm is for bass cabs or guitar cabs

18mm is the standard. I guess that may be different in US.

Ah. That is .7 inches.

Mr. Foxen

Really thick ply is a sign of poorly made unbraced cabs. Cheaper to use thick ply and wind up with a heavy cab that pay for the labour to do it properly with thinner ply with bracing so its more rigid, less resonant and lighter.

liquidsmoke