Main Menu

GAS thread

Started by Omlet, September 16, 2014, 02:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Been gassing for and just inquired about a custom one of these.

And also one of these.

No Focus Pocus

liquidsmoke

jibberish

Quote from: liquidsmoke on September 18, 2014, 07:21:39 PM
Holy shit!

yeah holy shit
and it sounds nice, not fako-ass

-----------------------------------------

[entire minifooger collection goes here]

jibberish

rager, I cant wait to see what cool obscure synth deal you come up with next.  I wasn't aware of almost any of that stuff, like all these drone boxes.

I still have a turntable to buy somewhere in all this speaking of "racing gas"

jibberish

I wonder if that thing comes with an optional pallet jack so you can move it around alone.

"we have bush iron!  I repeat, we have bush iron"

liquidsmoke

I think they are 60-70 lbs but that's without a rack case. Not bad for 240 tube watts.

Omlet

I need this little fucker for field recording.

mutantcolors

Quote from: liquidsmoke on September 18, 2014, 11:21:10 PM

Christ on a stick that is a piece of gear to behold. 120 per channel.

RAGER

Oh shit!  I'll be calling around where I can get this summbitch by tomorrow.

No Focus Pocus

jibberish

Quote from: RAGER on September 20, 2014, 12:11:00 PM
Oh shit!  I'll be calling around where I can get this summbitch by tomorrow.

I was watching a bunch of videos about that one NIN synth guy(weird name) and he walked some dude through his performance rig before a show. he had some wicked modular, a giant foot step selector for patches and samples. a prophet 12 and an octatrack, which he said was the wildest thing he owns. dude is a buchla fan fwiw.

he had a fuzz and 2 strymon delays. he had the big gold one and the sky blue one. that was his only guitar style pedals.  delays were made for synths.

what comes up short on the mooger delay that the strymon can do for you? (all those moogers are sick as fuck for sure)

edit: looks like a dx7 in the demo, I may have to watch it. I watched a couple strymon delay videos and that tape delay box thing..they were all nice. also their factory is set up cool. it reminds me of the production areas where I used to work. definitely a pro operation.

edit: oh man. that dark chant at the 7:03 minute mark is heavenly..........a DX21..wow. I wonder how many of those are out there. can't be many. wow.

RAGER

My Moog delay is the shit but the Big Sky is a reverb so.....  And did you notice in that vid he uses all cheapy synths?  Makes 'em sound huge.  

I'm also borrowing something from Alessandro Cortini.  Remember in his rig rundown he uses different chords on a 4 track and just fades them in and out?  Yeah that.  Befor that I hadn't even touched my 4 track in years.  I might pick up a couple others.  Do just some beats on one and something on another.
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

doh delay-reverb yeah, ok.  so focused on delays....

cool you saw that vid too. I was amazed at how hands on he likes to keep everything. lots of loops that he drops in with volume pedals or those tape deck channels. really interesting for sure.

I would suggest ordering it direct from strymon. IDK if there is a street price. I didn't see one. that sure is a hawt piece of gear.

ps. that beat step can do a shit ton of stuff. I watched a half dozen videos on that.  I plan on using it on the ground to step on sometimes. definitely cheap enough to get a second one if I want both the controller and sequencers at same time.

edit: hi-5. I still have my 4 track cassette too

editz: that tape deck trick is like a super simple mellotron. those were just an assload of tape loops triggered by keypresses

RAGER

I can get one at Old Town Music tomorrow for $479 or straight from Strymon shipped for $479 and I have to wait a week. 
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

I wonder how huge a guitar would sound going through that organ box, then the big sky

RAGER

Shit. Huge 

I did it. Ill post pics in new gear thread in a bit.
No Focus Pocus

dogfood

I had a Strymon El Capistan (which is the fucking shit) and pulled the trigger on a Strymon Flint Trem and Verb.  And, ordered 2 more JJ 6550s for my other YBA-1A.  Now Gassing for a swank board and booteek fuzz.
Problem solving whiskey!

RAGER

Hot Jesus this Big Sky is bad ass. I'm goin full on Blade Runner over here.
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

aaaaahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRUTAL GAS PAINS!!!!!!!!!!

AAARRRGGHHHH!!!UH!H!H!H!!!!!!!!

liquidsmoke

Beano can help.

Ebay prices currently start at over $100, I think I'll just stick with the Behr Super for now.

Omlet

My behr copy died without any apparent reason but friend of mine fixed it. I sold it.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Omlet on September 25, 2014, 11:44:07 AM
My behr copy died without any apparent reason but friend of mine fixed it. I sold it.

Were you kicking it on and off a lot? Kicking it hard?

I'm wondering if anyone makes an inexpensive metal housed FZ-2 clone.

Cursed71

To Liquid.  I have an FZ2 you can use for as long as you want.  Just hit me up.

showdown