Winters Bone

Started by EaterofBirds, March 05, 2011, 08:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EaterofBirds

I liked this one much more than a all the other hyped oscar nominees.

great performances all around, original writing (go figure)

Had an element that I only experienced in a sequence in Southern Comfort (when the cajun village was exposed) which was the unknown factor of the subculture of the people. Interesting, and sometimes creepy look inside the backwoods based families

The Shocker

The Oscars are a scam.

Crutch

I actually didn't care for this movie all that much and got a sense that it was probably a better book. I say that because while the ending might be wonderfully described in the book, in the movie it just came across as anti-climatic.

But cool atmosphere, great acting and not too bad of a script. But out of the TEN (I'm still not over this) movies nominated for best picture, this was not as good as other, but better than most.

John Hawkes FTW!
I will show you the life of the mind.

GodShifter

I enjoyed this movie too but kind of agree that it wasn't the best thing I'd seen in 2010. I also agree with Crutch that John Hawkes was probably the best thing this movie had going for it (though, yeah, Jennifer Lawrence was good).

EaterofBirds

no, it wasnt the 'best' thing I saw in 2010..I thought it was better than all the other overhyped oscar nominees. (True Grit, 127 Hours, Kings Speech, Black Yawn, Inception)

I havent seen Social Network and thought the Fighter was good, not great

GodShifter

Well, if I'm being honest, I think probably of 2010 nominees that I saw only Toy Story 3, was better.

The Shocker

Quote from: GodShifter on March 08, 2011, 08:29:26 PM
Well, if I'm being honest, I think probably of 2010 nominees that I saw only Toy Story 3, was better.
Toy Story 3 was the best movie I saw last year. A real tear jerker.