The Skull - FTWAA

Started by joshredearth, November 07, 2014, 05:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshredearth

For those which are asleep is one bad ass album! Doom riffs galore...so good; so despondent. You can feel the depression and frustration! The swagger is back...the lyrics are dreadful, but in a good way that make you question the fairness of existence. "Sick of it all" and "Till the sun turns black" are easily two of the greatest Trouble songs ever! Eric and Oly shine...and the guitar distortion and riffing and feedback are near-perfect! THIS is a classic doom record!

Dunedin

I'm going to go and listen to this right now. Thanks for posting!
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

The Shocker

sleestak

It's like Trouble with even heavier guitars.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

The Shocker

Dunedin

Quote from: sleestak on November 13, 2014, 01:19:42 PM
It's like Trouble with even heavier guitars.

I would agree with that.
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

Dr. Skeeter

listening now
p fucking heavy
dig

The Shocker

Sounds like classic Trouble!!!!

EddieMullet

I just got this today. The Trouble with heavier guitars description is dead on.

I'm on my 2nd listen and really digging this a lot.

The Shocker

"Send Judas Down" &  "For Those Which Are Asleep"  are my favorites.

SabbathJeff

Stellar cd purchase.  3/5 trouble plus those two was one of those greater than the sum of its parts type situation.  #11 by a hair.  Real big badass 70's sound, balls for miles, then that beautiful twin guitar riff stuff, and the rhythm section know just what to do.  Great, great record that really updated the classic Trouble sound to new heights.  Looking forward to the follow up more than blackfinger OR trouble.
Burn Everything Ash

Cinders Smolder Life

Fresh Crop Harvest

Eat. Sleep. Stonerrock.

MikeyT

Picked this up at The Skull/Mothership/Witch Mountain show last Saturday (10/05/19). Got this one for $10 and the new one for $15. Really good musical structures and playing. I kept waiting for the letdown, but it never came. Very consistent album.

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

jimjom

Quote from: MikeyT on October 12, 2019, 07:38:44 AM
Picked this up at The Skull/Mothership/Witch Mountain show last Saturday (10/05/19). Got this one for $10 and the new one for $15. Really good musical structures and playing. I kept waiting for the letdown, but it never came. Very consistent album.

Did The Skull play Trouble songs?
I'm Red Jr.  Who are you?