WE - a famous StonerRock band with a gajillion kick ass records

Started by MadJohnShaft, August 01, 2015, 04:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

Are you familiar with the WE band! I believe they might be from Oslo, but even if they are not you can't go wrong with these guys, drug rock with spirited vocals that have done their homework. WE comes highly recommended, you can start with Dinosauros.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Click

Ja! Dinosaur  Futurosa (or what ever the tittle is I'm so god damn crushed on this weed infused veg. Oil I can't stand up good let alone sift thru the discs) is really good. Very much groovy stonerifficness on the non metal side.  Parts of it put me in mind of Swerverdrivers "mescal head" or mebbe Failures space rock opus? I'm listening to a mix tape I made and I have WEs 9.50 spinner "woffer wheels" between Robert Plants, " dreamland" and Sister Double Happiness "S. D. H.". Not that that's directly indicative but to kinda place it rock via roll .   To contextualize said mix has Thee Hypnotics, Wooly Mammoth, Mudhoney etc.....

vortex surfer

I don't think I've listened to WE since 2000 or something. how about mammoth volume. remember these? a single book of songs was such a great album..

MadJohnShaft

If I listen to them I listen to Noara Dance, I still get a ping from those guys once in a while on the Internet

sleestak

Ask them why thy gave up a lucrative career in stoner rock.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

vortex surfer

yep noara dance is also great.

can't find WE on spotify. will have to use youtube. i remember liking them but can't remember a single note they played.

MadJohnShaft

All the WE releases are stellar. Worth investigating if you don't have them.

sleestak

I checked your beloved Apple Music for WE's albums.  Cloud fail.

The Fly Army

MadJohnShaft

renfield

One of the very first songs I downloaded off the MP3 Jukebox was Flyin'.  Really sexy song.  I wish I knew of more stoner rock that sounded like this.... I mean I know it ALL kinda sounds like this, but you know, EXACTLY like this...

(actually I made a youtube account just so I could post this for y'all)

MadJohnShaft

This thread is the fourth website that comes up on a Google search for WE. Welcome, WE band members to your own thread.

renfield

This band is unique. Very special stuff. I still listen to them a lot. Very difficult to search for them though.

sleestak

Dinosauric Futurobic rules from start to finish.  Love this band.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: sleestak on May 14, 2020, 11:49:25 AM
Dinosauric Futurobic rules from start to finish.  Love this band.

I'm going to have to check that out.  This is one of those bands that somehow slipped through the cracks for me.....
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.