Ash vs The Evil Dead

Started by The Shocker, October 30, 2015, 09:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

Starts tonight on Starz!!!  After a marathon of the three movies this evening.  So excited!!!

The Shocker

Good episode. It's great to have Ash back.

Ayek

It exceeded my expectations, so good it was.

The Shocker

Gotta love the Deep Purple at the beginning.

lftwng4

I too was pleasantly surprised that I liked it as much as I did.  Left to my own devices, I wouldn't have watched it, but my wife wanted to see it, for some reason.  She's not all that familiar with the franchise, so I'm not sure why she felt that way.

I thought it was very derivative of the movies, of which I'm a big fan of the first two, not so much the third.  But it's always been self-referential, and fairly predictable, and yet it's still enjoyable.  Go figure.

Chest Rockwell

i go with that. seemed like a demo of the album. nice, cos the album was great, but nothing better than the main release.
I play bass in THORUN

Facebook  www.facebook.com/Thorunband
Music       www.thorun.bandcamp.com
Youtube   www.youtube.com/user/Thorunband

peoplething

Saw the first episode through their website. I hope they continue to cast them for free, even if it's only for a week or two.

I thought the kids' characters were good. I about fell over when the chick spoke for the first time, I was expecting a shrill, teenie-bopper (think bolt's ;D) voice, but she sounds like she's been a pack-a-dayer for years. Nice casting.

And of course, Ash rules!

Dug the Mich references too.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

Jor el

I'm not so sure I'm finna check it oot.
  I find anything beyond the first two films to be tiresome.

What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

More Deep Purple and ELP on the soundtrack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peoplething

ep. 4 was the best thing ever written.

seriously.

awesome.

peoplething

awesome and fun show. It got alot of love from both critics and fans, and was really great. it pays homage to all three movies well, and has a nice balance of old reference and new context, characters and events thrown in.

starz signed on for season 2 ...............and I think the script is already written(maybe ???).

I wasn't a big fan of 'EDIII', thought it was too over-the-top (dunno why...not enough horror?). Felt the same at times throughout the season when they made 'III' references, but they moved on quickly enough and I managed to grab some nostalgia.

good show.

OGSpacetrucker

I loved  it, especially the begging of the first episode.... COME ON!!!DA DA DAHDADA

lftwng4

We started watching the 2nd season, only two episodes in. 
Holy cow, the scene in the morgue with the dead guy w/the prince albert? 
Funny as hell, just wrong as hell.  Lowbrow humor all the way.