What are some of your favorite reverb pedals?

Started by kirky, December 17, 2015, 12:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantchris

I used to have a TC Electronic HoF and it was great but it broke after barely any use.  I also like the Earthquaker Afterneath which is really badass but I haven't bought it yet.  Both sound great, around the same price and are very very different.

kirky

Earthquaker makes the Levitation reverb pedal too right? I haven't seen them locally, really want to try them out.

Lumpy

There's a lot of different types of reverb, so it helps to decide which type of reverb(s) you're most interested in (spring, plate, room, hall, cathedral, space, etc). It seems to be hard to find pedals that excel in every category.

For spring reverb, I really like the Earthquaker Devices "Ghost Echo". Adds a little something extra to heavy guitar (not so "dry" I guess, and it trails off nicely when you stop playing). Can also do swampy, rockabilly style reverb very easily. But try running your heavy distortion into it, it works very well for heavy rock IMO. Costs about 110-120 bucks (used).

He starts using dirt around 3:55. I couldn't find any sample videos with really heavy dirt though.

I used to like Hall or Cathedral type reverb for spacier stuff, but now I think I prefer using a delay for that instead.

I'm also interested in ambient, atmospheric reverbs like the Afterneath, Mr. Black Ambient, and Mr. Black Supermoon Chrome, but those pedals are more expensive than the average reverb, and I'm not certain they would actually be useful to me.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Lumpy

Quote from: kirky on December 17, 2015, 01:45:47 AM
Earthquaker makes the Levitation reverb pedal too right? I haven't seen them locally, really want to try them out.

The Levitation is a variation on the Ghost Echo. They set one of the Ghost Echo parameters at a fixed value, and gave you a different 3rd knob instead (I forget all the details)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RacerX

I have the EH Nano Holy Grail, which has a great Fender Spring sound & a good plate sound.
Livin' The Life.

SensoryOverload

Not sure how many of you guys have ever used a VOX AC30 (not your usual stoner rock choice) but it has a reverb and tremolo mode on it that I can activate by using a Laney footswitch. Nothing fancy and I rarely ever use it but it's about as basic and simple a reverb as you can get and I recommend it to anyone looking for a good clean tone (and you can get hard rock tones out of it aswell but it's known for its clean chimeyness)
Check out a band of all genres: Stoner Rock, Classic Rock, Psychedelic, Alternative & more

SoundCloud http://soundcloud.com/SensoryOL
Facebook http://facebook.com/SensoryOverloadBand

Guitar Pedal Video demos on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/JacksGearDemos

mulekicker

I love the EQD ghost echo. For a good outboard spring tank sound, the Catlinbread Topanga is pretty sweet. I use an old Hardwire RV7 because it sounds good in most modes, has a really good spring, does reverse reverb, and is stereo. The new Digitech Polara is exactly the same (same algos), but they gussied it up and replaced gated with shimmer. I personally think shimmer verbs are horrible and made mostly for praise and worship mega church wankers. Also good, Solid Gold Surf Rider and Subdecay Super Spring Theory. TC HOF is ok too, but I think the spring is lacking and that's my go to. The older I get, the more I love tremolo and spring reverb.