Main Menu

Coffee

Started by Pissy, January 06, 2016, 07:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

i should make an effort to get into more sophisticated coffees.

mortlock

one thing ive been doing lately is adding a few dashes of cinnamon to the grounds before its brewed. love it that way. 

RAGER

That's what one of the republicans at work does. I hate him. That coffee sucks anyways and I don't drink it so whatever.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

how dare you compare me to that piece of shit. i hate cinnamon now.

Lumpy

Any potential coffee snobbery on my part would be undercut by the fact that I don't grind my own beans. I only buy ground coffee. I don't own a grinder.

I know, I'm missing out on all the essential oils, etc.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

fuck this nonsense. im sticking with bullshit coffee. it gets the job done, which in my case makes me poop. i actually dont really like coffee which is why i need it heavily spiced.

renfield

hahaha remember the Denis Leary bit about coffee. the 90s were such blissfully ignorant times

mortlock

evening at the improv had some of the best stand up ever.

Muffin Man

I got off coffee, drinking alot of tea instead. I mean 10 cups of coffee was my game but now its green tea, matcha, various tea bags.

If I got some coffee for fun I'd do chicory coffee. Only had it a few times and that in NOLA. I'll see if I can find some. Just looked this up. Okay, got some coming.

https://guidetoyourinnerfoodie.blogspot.com/2012/09/product-review-cafe-du-monde-chicory.html

RAGER

I have their cookbook.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

haha! Good sign. I totally rando found that, read the page, ordered the can.

RAGER

Got more Puff. 2lbs $55. I should stop.

Roasted yesterday

No Focus Pocus

sleestak

It's cool how they include some garbage with the coffee.

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

RAGER

I know. Its like "here. Could you throw this away for us? "

Crystals. Never met one I liked.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I bought a Technivorm Moccamaster. It leaked immediately due to shipping damage. New one will be here Tuesday. Can't wait.

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I started buying Bustelo again. It's pretty nice with a simple pour-over filter. With a French press, it was kind of muddy so I stopped buying it for a while. I only started with pour-over filters this year, I don't know why, because it's clearly the easiest way to make coffee. Most of my life I was using an aluminum moka pot.

RAGER

I haven't had bustelo in a loooong time.

I bought my Matt Pike coffee mug and some High on Fire coffee. Did any of youse guys? 
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

i have not but i wouldnt mind trying it.

Lumpy

Quote from: RAGER on December 12, 2020, 01:58:04 PM
I haven't had bustelo in a loooong time.

I bought my Matt Pike coffee mug and some High on Fire coffee. Did any of youse guys?

Already sold out when I saw it.

RAGER

I was hoping he'd just drop it off in his El Camino since we live pretty close but I guess the coffee comes from Chicago.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Replacement arrived undamaged and fully functional. My HOF coffee should be here soon. Didn't need anymore coffee but I made some anyway.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Got my HOF Coffee yesterday so had some this morning. It's a great roast. Not overly dark but with some toffee notes. Especially when brewed through my new machine and carefully weighed out with a proper grind.

I also just got 2 Lbs of Guatemalan from Fresh roasted coffee LLC who that quitter Juan turned me onto and then I have two varieties from Puff Coffee coming. COFFEE!!!
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

im at the point in my life where all i want is black coffee, eggs, bacon, homefries and rye toast. and a bottle of hot sauce on the side.

meat selection can include any of the following
ham
sausage
bolony
chorizo
corned beef hash
spam
scraple

Lumpy

"Breakfast all day long"

Back in the 80s, you used to be able to get that breakfast (2 eggs, toast, potatoes, bacon or sausage, coffee) at certain diners in Chicago for under $3. Yeah!!!

Pie not included. Young Lumpy would get pie too sometimes.

RAGER

Going out to breakfast hungover used to be a thing. Hitting on the cute waitresses and sometimes being successful.
No Focus Pocus