Main Menu

Stolen Gear in Albuquerque, NM

Started by RacerX, February 22, 2016, 11:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

Stolen in ABQ NM last night after 11 PM:

1) Mesa 50/50 power amp with silver & gold skull knobs and a broken latch on the rack case. DRS sticker was on the front.

2) 1968 Sunn 4 x 12 cabinet. Spray-painted skulls stenciled on the Sunn cab, extra-large casters mounted on the skull side of the Sunn cab.

3) Approx. 10-year old Avatar 2x12 cabinet loaded with Hellatone speakers, w/ SANDIA MAN hand painting on the grille in rust spray paint.
: RECOVERED!!

4) 1970s 3-ply Ludwig drum kit in white Core-Tex covers: 24" kick, 13" rack & 16" floor, plus misc. hardware, huge Paiste cymbals, top hi-hat cymbal cracked, SANDIA MAN hand painting on front bass head.

Thanks!

Livin' The Life.

zachoff

F'ing sucky... I'll keep an eye out on the Denver CL.

bitter

I fucking love that kit. Hope you guys hurt the clown that did this.

Keep your eyes open and alert the pawn shops. That gear is easily recognized.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

mortlock

if you catch the motherfuckers, I say perform a live sacrifice on stage at your next gig.

spookstrickland

Man I hate thieves...a good beating is what they deserve.  Hope youe get your gear back soon.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

dogfood

Quote from: spookstrickland on February 22, 2016, 04:04:48 PM
Man I hate thieves...a good beating is what they deserve.  Hope youe get your gear back soon.

+1
Problem solving whiskey!

jibberish

that violated feeling is horrible. fuck those mutherfuckers.
go game of thrones, isis AND Xanax chimp on that human sewage if you find them.
and I hope you do.....

RacerX

Some good news: Jon just picked up my speaker cabinets from one of the local pawn shops. Not sure of exactly how they got there, but supposedly there is some evidence to follow up on, as well.

Still out one power amp & most of his drum kit (they didn't get his snare), and I'd guess the odds of getting more/the rest of the stuff back have just increased slightly.
Livin' The Life.

Danny G

Good. Hope the cops catch those wastes of flesh.
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Lumpy

Quote from: RacerX on February 23, 2016, 12:00:38 PMNot sure of exactly how they got there, but supposedly there is some evidence to follow up on, as well.

I believe Pawn Shops are required to log the info of anybody they buy from. Your odds of recovery should be increased by 95%. I believe it's in the pawn shop's interest to cooperate, as they're complicit in receiving stolen property. The cops are involved at this point?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RacerX

Yes, the cops are involved.

Right now, the problems are that the thieves are a) still at large and b) only bought the cabs in.
Livin' The Life.

jibberish

It also ups the odds of recovery that you are in a less concentrated urban area.

everdrone

I hate that stuff!  hope they get caught.  I use musicians insurance against that type of action but its $150/year MusicPro Insurance <insurance@musicproinsurance.com>

Pissy

Quote from: Lumpy on February 23, 2016, 02:29:09 PM
Quote from: RacerX on February 23, 2016, 12:00:38 PMNot sure of exactly how they got there, but supposedly there is some evidence to follow up on, as well.

I believe Pawn Shops are required to log the info of anybody they buy from. Your odds of recovery should be increased by 95%. I believe it's in the pawn shop's interest to cooperate, as they're complicit in receiving stolen property. The cops are involved at this point?

They are, as long as the item is in their possession. Once it leaves, they don't have to concede that info.
Vinyls.   deal.

zachoff

Nothing in Pueblo, Co Springs, Denver, or Boulder, BTW... But I'm sure you're checking too.

mortlock

Quote from: Pissy on February 23, 2016, 08:11:10 PM
Quote from: Lumpy on February 23, 2016, 02:29:09 PM

They are, as long as the item is in their possession. Once it leaves, they don't have to concede that info.
they probably dont even have that info.

Pissy

I mentioned over in GD that our shit was stolen 20 years ago. 

I found one of the basses in a pawn shop, and the only way I could get it back was to pay the pawn shop their cost. I had a receipt, I had a police report, I had the serial number written on the receipt...  What I didn't have was a police report with the serial on it.

Lordfinesse went through the same thing. So infuriating. I don't deal with Pawn Shops since then because in all honesty their business is to facilitate thieves. Always has been, always will be.
Vinyls.   deal.

RacerX

Quote from: zachoff on February 24, 2016, 12:12:26 AM
Nothing in Pueblo, Co Springs, Denver, or Boulder, BTW... But I'm sure you're checking too.

We are, but thanks! no more good news yet, but we'll keep at it...
Livin' The Life.

RacerX

Well, we haven't recovered any more of our gear, but one of the other local bands on tonight's bill has agreed to let us use any of their gear we need, so that's a huge relief.

Still hoping to get some/all of the rest of our stuff back, but huge thanks to Prey for Kali for their generosity. We shared a stage with them once, but that was the only time our paths had crossed before they came to our rescue.

Albuquerque may rank high on the property crime spectrum, but our music community runs tighter & deeper than most. We are grateful and humbled.

I love/hate this fucking city so fucking much.

Livin' The Life.

Danny G

^ helping each other out is what it's all about! \m/,

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

jibberish

Hey RacerX,  seriously, keep us posted on whether or not it is looking like you will get your Mesa back.

I was sitting here looking at my football money and it was free money and if you aren't going to get your amp back, I have stashed one Mr Grant in my bookshelf to help replace it should this be the ultimate outcome.
If I was MJS you would already have a brand spankin' new one, but at least it is some % of one.

justJon

So...Without our knowledge, my daughter set this up: https://www.gofundme.com/6xst87zg I feel a little guilty even sharing this, considering the cause behind other recent fundraisers.

Share, contribute, or don't.

Thanks for lookin'!
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

VOLVO)))

You're just gonna buy a new bass amp with that money.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justJon

Quote from: VOLVO))) on March 06, 2016, 07:55:25 PM
You're just gonna buy a new bass amp with that money.

Nope! Bass gear is...Oh...Wait... I get it! ::)
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

jibberish

ok, so racerx, pm me an address where I can send my Eddie"Grant" CD. I want to help buy the mesa.

if you truly think I am some dangerous psycho freak give me a neutral address.