so i was thinking about different approaches to music...................

Started by peyotepeddler, March 23, 2011, 03:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inductorguitars

Quote from: SpaceTrucker on April 11, 2011, 03:52:55 PM
I think the shredding in "Bewitched" Is just perfect for the song. And the singing is just epic. Also "Well of souls" is a good one on that album.

As far as my personal goals as a guitar player?  Play as close to as good as Joe Walsh as I can.

Heard Joe Walsh on the radio here in Chicago years and years ago telling a story, he obviuosly stayed up all night drinking and went to the radio station in the morning. Joe met Paul McCartney and told him it took him six weeks to learn a guitar solo on one of the Beatles records that I can't remember, Paul told him it was John AND George.
<boggle>

Pundan

I've never been into shredding. It has never been a goal of mine that I gotta learn to shred, I don't know why. People who I know are really good at it - and in the eyes of someone that can't play guitar I'm sure it looks and sounds like someone who can shred is really talented just because of that. My whole "theory" behind my music is that since we're a powertrio my focus is more on the riffing rather than jerking my guitar. The only thing you might want to call Lead is when I try to do more melodic things or fool around with lots of delay.