The Obsessed, Karma to Burn and The Atomic Bitchwax

Started by sleestak, May 16, 2016, 03:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleestak

Saw this bill this past Saturday night in Pittsburgh.... copied review from the waaay back thread in gen dis.

All three bands were really good.  A nice surprise to see such great tunes in the oppressive overbearing security and general shit sound at the Altar bar.   Bitchwax was loose and having a lot of fun on stage and played a mix of old and new but finished off their set with a clump of new tunes.  I meant to pick up their latest album on wax but forgot because I was drunk.  It's been a really long time since I'd see them play and I dug it a lot.  Karma to Burn were fucking totally awesome.  I think I missed them the last time through but they're from WV and they play here quite a bit.  (Less so with 31st St. Pub gone) but they were extremely entertaining.  They still have that intangible element to their stuff that is just fully captivating without vocals or any real "front-man" presence.  Something about 3 piece bands.  The Obsessed was really great.  They did a mix of mostly Obsessed stuff and some Spirit Caravan-ish tunes.  They did Melancholy Grey, while I know is originally an Obsessed song from the addition of it to the re-issue of the Church Within,  same with Kill Ugly Naked.  The new drummer hit hard like Church Within Obsessed while still having that swing that I feel opens up Wino's playing.  Sherm was digging on every tune and you could tell they were all having fun playing. 

I'd see this tour if you like any of the bands on the bill.  They were all great.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

gritty_fingers

Cool. Im checking them out in Austin soon..

Looking forward to it.
"Ginger People"