Westworld

Started by Token, June 20, 2016, 11:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Token

EaterofBirds

Looks amazing, and some sort of a remake was warranted, even if it isn't true in the sense.

stooge

i´m so gonna watch this
it was my fave movie as a kid
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

Token

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

jmucke

Pretty good pilot but I am curious how the story develops. So far it feels close to the movie, although I havn't seen it in decades.
The use of music is cool and I liked the writing and structure of the episode, esp. the "couldn't hurt a living thing"-ending.

stooge

...yeah the fly swatting was real creepy
this is breathtakingly good so far
better than i thought it would be and i had high hopes
the original movie is one of my alltime faves it was my favourite movie for years as a kid
too much good stuff in this this to even start going
so i just mention the automatic saloon piano playing black hole sun

sleestak

[spoiler]I liked how they teased like it might go Michael Bay and then Hannibal Lector put that over zealous little geek in his place. [/spoiler]

Does each episode in this show cost 20 miilion dollars?
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

MadJohnShaft

The generic douchebag guy derailed it - the story could have been better told with an interesting character in his place. 

The newbie character was great. I don't think much of either prostitute. The people that work behind the scenes - are all laughable.

This show needs a lot more work.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Token

Yep, agreed. I enjoy the unpredictability as I watch the show, very dark tones. Find myself sort of shifting in my seat because I'm a bit anxious, Ed Harris I can do without. Still REALLY enjoy the show

Jor el

I agree with MJS

The addition of Lyle the Intern is good.

What Would Scooby Do ?

MadJohnShaft

I dunno the behind the scenes guy's names - the mean woman, the black guy, and Anthony Hopkins - but they better make that whole bit make a lot more sense if they are going somewhere with this.

When mean woman and black guy were shown to be in a relationship I groaned a little bit - is that the story-line?

Jor el

Plus, the size of that ootfit and only three people in charge.
What Would Scooby Do ?

bbottom

I'm going to give the show one more episode and then I'm out. I get the impression that the makers of the show focused more on making it "artsy" and looking good than the actual storytelling.  It's a cool concept but it's the whole thing is getting too convoluted 

Instant Dan

I think the argument of it is so close to achieving greatness but then goes off in 3/4 different ideas of what it wants to be messes with it. Overall, I'll stick it out for the rest of the season in hopes it becomes more clear the second season in.

sleestak

Fell asleep twice during episode 3 but I was really tired.

A lot of the dialogue between those two stupid characters that went out looking for the stray was pretty ham-fisted and terrible.

MadJohnShaft

This show sure is grim and rapey.

CanookieWookie

sleestak

retardgroove

bbottom

Quote from: CanookieWookie on October 17, 2016, 01:02:46 PM
Excellent show.

What do you find excellent about it? I'm just curious

sleestak

I think it's excellent how Marilyn Manson's ex girlfriend can look both manly and beautiful from shot to shot.

stooge

still like it big time
first 2 episodes were better though
hope this is not a trend

Jor el

Whose Girlfriend What ?

This shit could easily go all LOST on us.

What Would Scooby Do ?